Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 03:36 PM
    Served a summons with no court date
    We received a summons but it doesn't have a court date on it anywhere--what do I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 12, 2010, 03:54 PM

Depends on what the summons is for. If you are being sued over a debt, the first summons generally doesn't include a date. It does include instructions to file an answer to the summons. Once you do a hearing will then be scheduled.

There are loads of threads that detail how to answer the summons.
    rhon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 05:42 PM

Thank you so much this did answer my question

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Getting summons 2 months after court date [ 1 Answers ]

I just found a court summons on my door never served to me just left on my door, from a company I don't know, via an out of county attorneys office, but in looking them up I know they are debt collectors. I don't know who they represent ,this is the first I ever saw anything from them and I get a...

Served with summons to appear in court for old credit card debt. [ 4 Answers ]

Today I got served with papers notifying me that "YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that you are required to appear in person or by attorney..." in Flagler County, FL... "for a pretrial conference before a Judge at this Court." I gathered from this wording and the fact that it goes on to say "THE CASE WILL...

Can a court summons be served in another Country? [ 2 Answers ]

Can an American Court sapena be served in Canada? If so how would it be done,, sent to the Canadian authorities to serve? Also, if there is a sapena out for a person, would they be flagged if they are in Canada and go back into the US? Could they be forced to stay in the US once the sapena is...

View more questions Search