Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blueiman Posts: 158, Reputation: 5

Jul 27, 2006, 08:47 AM
    Who pays the bill
    OK new subject. Lets say you are meeting your girlfriend at the bar to visit friends. She shows up about an hour earlier than you do. She has a few drinks before you get there. You show up, order a drink and your girlfriend tells the bar tender to put it on the tab she started because we are together. How would you handle it? Be a big man and pay the bill... ask her to cash her bill out first then start a new one together... or maybe she should have just cashed out then started a new tab... what would you do/say, etc...
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2006, 09:37 AM
    My angle: Yes; When you arrive and she says to put it on her tab, say

"No, honey, tab out and I'll start a new one" (that is, assuming you'd be buying for both)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2006, 09:55 AM
    pay the bill whether she was there earlier if you would normally be paying for the date in whole.

if paying for a few extra drinks is going to throw my checkbook out of wack then I probably shouldn't be out anyway.

if the tab is excessive then OK... you shouldn't be paying for her three friends also.

actually, my wife tends to play pool and socialize at the bar. Friends will say "look at that guy! hes hanging on your wife!" well... the boy better be buying her drinks, and she's going home with me anyway. =)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2006, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp
    actually, my wife tends to play pool and socialize at the bar. friends will say "look at that guy! hes hanging on your wife!" well... the boy better be buying her drinks, and shes going home with me anyways. =)
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2006, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj

Very funny!!

Jul 28, 2006, 10:55 AM
    OK good answer. But you maybe missing the point. If I walk in the bar and my girlfriend says to put all on her tab she started and of course I will be paying. I think you should pull the girlfriend aside later and say look. When I come in the bar and I'm paying the bill do not tell the bar tender what to do. I will first ask you (gf) if you have a tab. If she says yes. Than I would say, bartender keep the tab because we are together. I think the whole message is who is in control when it comes to paying the bill.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2006, 10:58 AM
    I hope to hell this isn't with the same women.

You worry about too much man. Just share the freaking tab.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2006, 11:02 AM
    I'd let her run the tab then kick in my amount at the end of the night. I'm a big feminist. :)

Jul 28, 2006, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    I hope to hell this isn't with the same women.

You worry about too much man. Just share the freaking tab.
    Wrong answer. Try again. I'm not worried about it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2006, 11:06 AM
    Then why the hel lare you posting.

And if your STILL with that NUT bag we can't help you. Period. ENd of story.

Something isn't right here at all.

Jul 28, 2006, 11:18 AM
    Then why the hel lare you posting.

And if your STILL with that NUT bag we can't help you. Period. ENd of story.

Something isn't right here at all.
    Hey wildcat21 my post and I'm asking a question. Don't give me crap about another issue. Get off my post or answer the question. Geez
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2006, 12:21 PM
    No more help me. Help yourself. She has driven you insane.

Jul 28, 2006, 02:30 PM
    No more help me. Help yourself. She has driven you insane.
    That is exactly what I'm doing. I'm helping myself. Coming here and discussing relationship issues. She can't drive me insane. I will not allow it. Besides I thought we where not going to talk about her. Maybe she is making you insane?.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2006, 07:13 PM
    I'd tell her to cash hers out first then start a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who pays [ 11 Answers ]

My daughter and soon to be son in law are planning their wedding in Oct... so far they only want the parents to help as little as possible... Fine... but I was recently asked... being that they are paying for a great deal of their own wedding... what is the ettiquette on out of town guest and who...

Employer pays IC's... Whenever -- What can we do? [ 6 Answers ]

I am an independent contractor for a medical transcription service. The woman who owns the service that I do most of my work for ALWAYS pays late and I have had several of her checks bounce. She always blames it on something, i.e. her bank messed up her account, oops, she forgot to mail the...

Healthcare in custody,who pays [ 2 Answers ]

While being in custody after being arrested,I needed medical care,so I was transported to the hospital.the hospital gave me two tylenol and sent me back into custody .the hospital bill was $500.who pays? Is my question,the police dept.or me.

Crime Pays? [ 3 Answers ]

I read this article today on CNet News,and could'nt believe my eyes.Whilst not wishing to sound pro-Microsoft,or anti-Microsoft,I now find myself lost for words.A 'huge' fine,has now been reduced to 225 community service.Without sounding cynical,is this tactical? ...

View more questions Search