Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annienmoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Social Security Disability Payments - Taxable?
    Are Social Security Disability Payments taxable by the IRS?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 12:05 AM

1. If this is your only income then it is not taxable.

2. If one half of your SSD income plus other income exceeds the base amount, then a part of your SSD is taxable.
    Read about social security income and disability benefits Your U.S. Tax Return: The U.S. Income Tax Topics 1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IS disability income either from Social Security or Prudential taxable [ 11 Answers ]

Mu social secuirty disability is 2050 a month. I bought (through my former employer) long term diability insurance with after tax dollars (no employer contribution). The total between the two is approx 5400/mo. Is this income taxable and if so to what extent?

Social Security disability payments and garnishments [ 2 Answers ]

Are social security disabiltiy payments subject to garnishments for back spousal support or child support? I know that social security benefits are subject to garnishment but was wondering about disability pymts? Thanks

Is $15,000 total income from Social Security disability taxable. [ 1 Answers ]

I get Social Security disability for a total of $14,382.00. I received a total of $13,260.00 the other $1,122.00 went to Medicare part B. My question is this, this is my only income do I have to file with the IRS?. I couldn't make much sense of the info on their site, I would appreciate any help....

Social security disability : is it taxable? [ 3 Answers ]

I have just been approved for social security disability and would like to know if the back award is taxable or if themonthly benefit is taxable?

Teacher retirement disability and social security disability [ 1 Answers ]

I qualified for both teacher retirement disability and social security disability. I saw the quote (below) but I'm uncertain how or if it also applies to me. "If the disability comes from Social Security, it is tax free. If it comes from your employer, it IS taxable." Also, my son...

View more questions Search