Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sheabutta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Vehicle Title Lien
    I purchased a vehicle from a private seller in the state of Texas. When applying for the title it showed a lien on the vehicle. I have contacted the Bank showing as the lien holder and can't get any results. Can someone please tell me how I can get the lien company to relinquish the title to me since I purchased the vehicle not knowing the seller did not own it.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2008, 05:52 PM
    You have to keep calling the bank that has the lien on the vehicle. Go in person to them if not too far away.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 06:02 PM
    If the bank still has a lien, it will not release it, until they get paid, so it is the seller that is responsible to provide you a clear title. What has the seller said, you sue the seller for your money back.

The fact is, you should not have handed them any money until you say a clear title that was going to be handed to you when you paid them the money.

If the title showed a lien holder, then you do the sell at the bank so they get paid, sign over the title and the seller gets the balance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lien on Title in Texas [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I was trying to refinance my home when the title check revealed a judgement lien for credit card debt. I understand that in Texas it is not allowed to put a judgement lien in a primary residence. What can I do? I do not have the money to pay off the judgement. I need to refinance in...

Title of vehicle [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: how do I take my exes name off my truck title without his signature??

Title on a Vehicle [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to get someone's name off a title besides refiancing a vehicle? I live in Arizona.

Nys vehicle title transfer question [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently transferred a nys title to my 2000 kia sportage to my daughter by signing the back of the title and dating it. Subsequent to this the car was seized by NYS for a 12 year old judgement. I stated that the car was transferred on the date signed on the back of the title and the official...

View more questions Search