Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shepardboo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Garnishment and levy
    My wife is under garnishment in Minnesota and the same company has just levy our bank account for a different debt how can the same company garnish her check and clean out our bank account don't we have a right to live ? How do we put food on the table ,and make our house payment if the take everything we have and are not done all is left is the T.V and will loose that when the bank takes our house because the collection is taking everything, please help
    youcantstop48 Posts: 152, Reputation: 16

Mar 6, 2008, 09:57 PM
    I know its probably hard right now but I would try and find a lawyer in this situation, I would say they can only take a certain percentage but I'm not 100 % sure!!
    shepardboo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 10:17 PM
    Thanks it seams my only choice is to file chapter 7 or 13 then I'm never going to be able to buy any thingg I just want to pay ever 1 off but they all want there money now or nothing and then they pull this crap if they would only give me time I will pay them off guess we both could work 444444 cash thanks for the support
    youcantstop48 Posts: 152, Reputation: 16

Mar 6, 2008, 10:19 PM
    No problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SSDI and Bank Levy, Garnishment, etc [ 3 Answers ]

I have read all about the Social Security being "untouchable" by levy or garnishment. I have heard that when the money comes from Social Security and hits your bank account it is "fair game" It is considered income. My questions are many and I am really worried that the CC co. will take action. ...

Wage Garnishment & bank levy. [ 5 Answers ]

So I have a judgement... and my bank account has been levied... and a wage garnishment is in place, can they continue to levy my bank acount? I live in New Jersey... if that helps or matters... :confused: Thanks so much!

Overpaid Garnishment/Levy [ 1 Answers ]

I had a garnishment/levy placed on my paycheck through the IRS from back taxes my ex wife owed through her business. Because she's not currently employed, the IRS came after me (because we filed a joint tax return). My question is - I overpaid by $793 before they stopped the levy. After...

Levy/Garnishment in Missouri [ 1 Answers ]

We received a notification of Levy/Garnishment in the State of Missouri just this week. Today, I discovered that my checking account has already been hit with the garnishment, putting us in a terrible financial burden. I had been making payments on the amount we owed, and I also called to see...

Texas Garnishment levy fdes [ 3 Answers ]

I'm currently out of the country and when I chked my online bank account (BOA), it is showing me a huge charge as 'TEXAS GARNISHMENT LEVY FDES'. The bank is saying they have mailed details to my home address. But since I'm not returning to USA for few months, is it possilbe for me to get the...

View more questions Search