Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karie Smith Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Bank Lien
    I had a bank lien filed for a past credit card debt of 4,000 but the lien is for 12,000 I never received any paperwork that there was a case pending against me. They have already taken $2800 out of my account. I do not have the money and am a single mother with two young kids who can I go to for Help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2008, 09:04 AM
    You need to get a copy of the writ of executon from your bank. That will list the court that issued the writ and the judgement it was based on. If you never received any notification of the judgement then you can move that it be vacated on the grounds of improper service. However, you would not hsave received any advance notice of the execution of the writ.
    Helpman Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Hello Karie,

Ask the bank who put lien on your bank account they will provide you a copy of an attorney/creditor and the phone # to contact.

Go to the civil court (or if you live in NYC let me know I'll walk through how to find court records online to find your case,)and ask for any judgment against you if you have judgment against you the ask the court clerk you want to file an affidavit to file motion to vacate the judgment, this process will give you an opportunity to re-trial and you go from there. Also, may experts already answered on this site, please check it out

Feb 26, 2008, 10:10 AM
    I do live in NYC. How do I find the paperwork? Thanks you so much for your help

Feb 26, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Have you asked your bank for a copy of the writ?

Feb 26, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Yes they are sending it to me via a mail ( will not fax) so it may take a day or two and I really want to get moving as fast as I can
    Helpman Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Yes, Karie

www.courts.stste.ny.us/index.htm

You'll see the website displayed says New York State Unified Court Sysytem

Click E-Courts
    Click WebCivil Local, on left side
    Go to all the way bottom of the page and enter letters or numbers as shown and submit
    Click on party search
    Enter your name and select Either
    Select your county
    Case type select CV
    Select year
    Sort by court
    Output html or pdf up to you

Good luck

Feb 26, 2008, 01:02 PM
    So there is no case filed? Does this database include manhattan?

Feb 26, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Do you have the docket information about the court order?

Feb 26, 2008, 01:11 PM
    No they are sending it to me via mail. I'll call them and get it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Lien [ 4 Answers ]

Tried to withdraw funds from ATM, bank says I have lien on my account. What is most quick way to lift a bank lien?

Illegal bank lien [ 3 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My father, a disabled retiree, had his bank account frozen or levied yesterday. His only income is from social security, no other income. As it turns out the debt is mine, his daughter's. I was added to his bank...

Lien on bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I opened a new account at a bank two weeks ago. I was contacted by the fraud department and was informed that the bank had accidentally sent my bank statement to another customer. I was told that the bank was putting a hold on my account, so there would be no further activity. I was told to...

Lien on bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I have a judjment lien against my bank account. What go in this account are Socical Security cheks (exempt incomes). How do I do to have this lien removed or the money freed ? Thanks.

View more questions Search