Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sivan25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Dept. Of homeland security?
    Hello,
    This is a long story so I will make it short and hope to get answers... I am a citezen and I married an illegal alien that was arrested by immigration... now we were dating for a long time before it happened and we married because we wanted... anyway I posted bond for him and we started the process... we had an interview which by then I already had a child and at the interview we were told we will receive a leeter by mail yet it has been over 2 years and nothing and when we would go to see what's going on they say we nned to wait...
    Now we got a letter from the dept. of homeland security-U.S immigration and custom enforcment stating that they demand us going to any of the nearest immgration detention and removal office for a interview and case review and that if we fail to go it may result to a breach of the bond??

What does all this mean?? Did he get denied?? Will he be removed?? What about the bond??

Any info will be helpful

Oh and note that I am separated from him for over 4 motnhs and I filed for a child support ( things didn't go so well ) could that be the case??

Thank You
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 04:20 PM
    It means he has to go to a office for a hearing and review of the case, and he does not go, look at the paper work you signed, when he was released the last time.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 07:18 PM
    If he does not go to this hearing he will be forfeiting the bond money and will not have much of a chance of staying here.

Just because it took them 2 years to send him a letter means that they are backed up with other cases. It does not necessarily mean he was denied. If he wishes to stay here, please urge him to go to the hearing. You being separated from him means nothing to the immigration people and that did nothing to speed up anything on their part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S.C. Dept. Of Revenue [ 1 Answers ]

I received a response to my question from Atlanta concerning taxes I owe from 2006 approx. $4000. I had written requesting a payment plan but never received an answer now where I worked received a levy to garnish my wages. I have called them and they continue to tell me that since a levy has been...

Death and dept [ 1 Answers ]

If I die and I have some credit card dept does the credit card co. take it from my bank account or stocks?

The homeland fight. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a U.S. service member of lower ranking, and it's hard for me to find an affordable lawyer. I'm currently deployed overseas and I'm trying to file for a divorce, before I lose my career due to the fighting at home. I have one son, and a step-child(priceless joy). I'm already handling...

Homeland security info [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to search the status of foreigners in usa,by name and get even visa number ,arrivel,background,in any website out there,such dmv,us visit,ins?

Outstanding dept of $85,000 [ 2 Answers ]

I have an outstanding dept of $85,000. I will be working in another country for a while is there anyway they can attack my bank account if it's in another country?

View more questions Search