Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marieteresa22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Judgement vs. bankruptcy
    Which affects your credit worse? A Ch 7 or a judgment of about $25000?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Niether one will make it any good, how is your other debts, late charges on credit cards, mortgage payments late, car loans.
    What is you debt to income ratio, what is your credit limit to amount borrowed percentage, all of this effects credit score,

Normally people with a judgement have a lot of bad other things too.

The judgement also has to be paid, they will garnish bank accounts and paychecks if possible in your state.

So there is no way to tell what will happen.

Of course with a judgement and a credit score of what maybe 400, does it really even matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil judgement no listed in bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. I filed bankruptcy in 4/2004. I recently applied for a mortgage and after pulling my credit report, I discovered there is a civil judgement filed against me in 8/2001that I was not aware of. How can this be? I was never notified either by mail or phone. Since I filed bankruptcy...

Bankruptcy / final judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have received a discharge from bankruptcy but if I fail to refinace my home and make a settlement of 110,000.I would have to refinance over 330,000 with what I owe to my mortgage company.The only people that are offering finacing are hard money leanders and my payment would be 3800.00 a month...

Bankruptcy=judgement exemption [ 1 Answers ]

In auto accident ,sued by insurance company lost license due to judgement,how long does judgement last? And does bankruptcy exempt me from my judgement?

View more questions Search