Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    go-ask-mom Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Nov 20, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pezzypooh14
    My husband has admitted that he does not know who to listen to or to believe at this point. I know that our horrible pastor has had several conversations with him (and now denies a lot of what was said), and his mother is not helping things a bit (see earlier posts!). So, I'm not sure. The only person he works with that he might take some advice from is an older gentleman that has been married for many years, and I also know him to be a Christian man. So..your guess is as good as mine!

Ohh. Well I just feel like something is missing or something? Maybe I just don't get it!

Your celebrating your anniversary and you both decide things aren't working and then he moves out..? That's it.. So what has made it so unbearable all the sudden? I mean it would take a major issue for me to want to move out... such as betraying my trust- an affair, abuse... I think that's about it. So has either of those things happened on either side?
    Soldout Posts: 62, Reputation: 8
    -

Nov 21, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by go-ask-mom
    Ohh. Well I just feel like something is missing or something?? Maybe I just don't get it!!

Your celebrating your anniversary and you both decide things aren't working and then he moves out...?? Thats it.... ? So what has made it so unbearable all the sudden? I mean it would take a major issue for me to want to move out.....such as betraying my trust- an affair, abuse....I think thats about it. So has either of those things happened on either side?

I actually was wondering the same thing. What is the problem you all were having that he wanted to move out. Did you cheat on him or do something to betray him?
    pezzypooh14 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by go-ask-mom
    Ohh. Well I just feel like something is missing or something?? Maybe I just don't get it!!

Your celebrating your anniversary and you both decide things aren't working and then he moves out...?? Thats it.... ? So what has made it so unbearable all the sudden? I mean it would take a major issue for me to want to move out.....such as betraying my trust- an affair, abuse....I think thats about it. So has either of those things happened on either side?
    Well... I just found out that my husband has been thinking about leaving for a while... he now says he just doesn't want to be married and wants to be on his own for a while. I told him I don't know how long I can wait... I feel like I'm being strung along. I'm a good person, and I don't think this is fair to me...

He is not abusive, and I am not abusive to him. There has been no infidelity - if there was, I would know about it... my husband has an extremely guily conscience. He feels that we no longer respect each other. We have been strained due to opposite work schedules, and we are just getting back on our feet financially. I knew there was strain in our relationship, but I never thought it was bad enough for him to up and leave... no one understands it.

We had our first counseling session, and I thought it went well... now, he says he is questioning things even more. He doesn't know if he ever was in love with me and our marriage was a sham.

Needless to say, all of these things he is saying are so hurtful, and I'm not sure what direction to go in. I'm planning to have a stress free Thanksgiving tomorrow and spend it with family. I hope not to talk about this... I want to just forget it all at least for the day.

Again... a blessed holiday to all... I will check back on Tuesday (like I said before... no computer at home anymore, will not be back to work until Tuesday!).
    Soldout Posts: 62, Reputation: 8
    -

Nov 30, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pezzypooh14
    Well...I just found out that my husband has been thinking about leaving for a while...he now says he just doesn't want to be married and wants to be on his own for a while. I told him I don't know how long I can wait...I feel like I'm being strung along. I'm a good person, and I don't think this is fair to me...

He is not abusive, and I am not abusive to him. There has been no infidelity - if there was, I would know about it...my husband has an extremely guily conscience. He feels that we no longer respect each other. We have been strained due to opposite work schedules, and we are just getting back on our feet financially. I knew there was strain in our relationship, but I never thought it was bad enough for him to up and leave...no one understands it.

We had our first counseling session, and I thought it went well...now, he says he is questioning things even more. He doesn't know if he ever was in love with me and our marriage was a sham.

Needless to say, all of these things he is saying are so hurtful, and I'm not sure what direction to go in. I'm planning to have a stress free Thanksgiving tomorrow and spend it with family. I hope not to talk about this...I want to just forget it all at least for the day.

Again...a blessed holiday to all...I will check back on Tuesday (like I said before...no computer at home anymore, will not be back to work until Tuesday!).
    I am so sorry to hear that this is how things have turned out. The best thing to do is to move on with your life. Don't wait for him and don't waist anymore time and energy on him. It sound like he was never committed to you to start with and his vows were a joke to him. Even if your relationship was strained if he cared about you and the relationship he would have made efforts to make time for his wife. This guy just sound like a loser and you sound like a nice person and you deserve someone who will treate you with love and respect. If you quit trying to to revive this apparently dead relationship God will open new doors for you and bring the right man into your life. So pray and ask for God to comfort you during this hard time and later to bring you someone special. Your husband will remember you one day and it will be too late for him.
    God Bless!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 3, 2007, 08:58 PM
    I am confused as you have given us a lot of feelings, but very few facts, such as age, and more background into the relationship. I need to know how 3 years has made a year of marriage fall apart? What has changed so drastically?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage near end? [ 2 Answers ]

HI everyone. Im new to this, so don't really know what to say. My marriage is going down the pan. Its only been 3 1/2 years, but we seem to have grown apart somewhat. What makes it worse is that we have a son and one more on the way. I love her so much, but she can just be so horrible to me...

Front end and back end [ 2 Answers ]

Difference between front end and back end of web page?

Maybe the end of my marriage? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm at my wits end. A year ago I discovered that my husband was having a 3 month long affair with a woman at the post office that he goes to frequently. I found out through phone records. He said he was going to tell me, just that he hadn't found the right time yet. He wanted to break it off...

Should I end the marriage? [ 8 Answers ]

I've been married to my husband for almost 29 years. We have nothing in common anymore. We never spend any time together. We never have sex. He won't hold down a steady job. And he won't talk about any of this with me. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm so tired of trying. I'm so tired of being...

Front-end vs. Back-end Tech Writing [ 4 Answers ]

What's the difference? Can someone give me an example of both? I'm SO confused! :confused: Thanks in advance. -HBG

View more questions Search