Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    penguinrokz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Credit card debt wage garnishment
    OK well I was extremely irresponisble with a credit card as are a lot of 21 year olds.. but I got way behind on my discover account and they turned me over to this lawyers office about my account.. well we came up with an agreement and needless to say they been taking money out of my account for the last year... although the way I've got it figured they should be almost done... but we moved and my little sister threw the paper away with their number on it and I don't know how to get ahold of these people... im not disputing anything I just want to know howm uch more they are going to need to take.. I went to the bank and they told me that they didn't have a number for the company.. and I tried to search the company on the internet and I get nothing... I was on the phone with discover one night forever and they said they couldn't help me because I didn't have an account with them anymore... I don't know what to do.. I mean I'm not disputing money but I want to know how I can find a way to get ahold of these people... help!! 1
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 16, 2007, 06:07 AM
    Zz Is right. For them to debit money from your account, they have to have an authorization on file. That authorization will list, at the least, the name and address of who the money is going to.

Don't take no for an answer, if they tell you they don't know then ask them how they can send money without knowing to who.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Wage Garnishment of Credit Card debt OREGON [ 1 Answers ]

My son is in the process of trying to get his life straightened out. Mainly he is struggling... and succeeding to get off drugs. He's recently found a job (after 4 or 5 years of being jobless). Problem is, he maxed several credit cards unwisely during the time he was using drugs. Most of them...

Wage Garnishment from credit card company [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings~ We received notification from a credit card company approximately 4 months ago that it would be going to garnishment. My husband called & tried to work out an arrangement, but was told it was too late... the process had already begun for garnishment. Nothing happened & when he called...

Credit card wage garnishment [ 5 Answers ]

Can credit card companies garnish wages?

Credit card garnishment [ 5 Answers ]

I am self emplyed, and about to get a judgement on a credit card debt. Iwork on commission. I get large checks in at different odd times. Can the credior take money out of my business checking account, or just the checking account that has my personal name on it. Can they take money out of your...

View more questions Search