Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poojabuti Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Subleasrs cheque bounced
    Hii I subleased my apartment to a person> we got his credit rating checked and all.
    His cheque bounced to us ?What can we do now?The apartment is in wheaton,Illinois>
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Demand a replacement check. If you don't get one then you have to start eviction proceedings.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Jan 22, 2007, 10:29 AM
    "Move-in monies" are ALWAYS paid by CASHIER'S or BANK CHECK unless the keys are given several months after the signing of the lease so that it is KNOWN the check has CLEARED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bounced cheque-my trust on the bank let me down! [ 5 Answers ]

I received a cheque of 3000 pounds from a potential customer who claims to buy my used goods (worth £120). I deposited it in the bank,waited for 8 days (The bank promised 5 days to clear) and I found it available in my account. Feeling safe, I withdrew the amount of 2800 (after the fee and...

Collection for Bounced Check [ 1 Answers ]

I can understand a collection agency attempting to collect on a bounced check but they went after me and not my wife who wrote it. She is the primary and I was just added to her account when this occurred. My credit report indicates the collection action for a "check return". Isn't this inaugurate...

Cash a Cheque [ 6 Answers ]

How old do you have to be to cash a cheque? If you under the age of 18 can you cash a cheque if it is addressed to you?

How long do I have to pay bounced checks [ 2 Answers ]

I have 700 dollars worth of bounced checks have been making payments can they take me to court Thank you

View more questions Search