Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah_20pgn Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 03:02 PM
    Speak on his own
    How can I encourage my 3yr old to talk voluntary on his own rather than him only speaking when he mocks someone
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 03:19 PM

Personally, I'd ignore it. My two-year-old just learned my name and will call me that when I don't respond to "Mommy"; eventually she switches back to "Mommy" and then I make a big deal out of how excited I am to talk to her :)
    jillrenee15 Posts: 103, Reputation: 11

Feb 19, 2009, 05:51 PM

Ask millions of questions when you are playing. Alphabets, numbers, animals, objects, etc. When you read books and do puzzles together, always ask him what things are. Is there anything he is really wild about? Trucks or dinosaurs etc? His favorite things may be the easiest to get him to talk about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My kid can't speak clearly [ 11 Answers ]

I am a Saudi woman. I have a daughter that will be turning four on 11/8. She doesn't speak that much. She says words like "stop", "ouch", "bye-bye", "milk", " sleep", and "thank you". She can count to ten and he tries to say his ABC's in English and Arabic. However these words are not that clear....

Think before you speak [ 4 Answers ]

I got this in another post site. Here are six reasons you should think before you speak - The last one is great! Have you ever spoken and wished that you could Immediately take the words back... Or that you could crawl into a hole? Here are the Testimonials of a few people who did...

My almost 20 month old doesn't speak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a little boy, 20 months on the 1/11/07. He has not met a number of his milestones yet. He doesn't speak although he does babble and sing. He's interactive, affectionate and happy. But he doesn't seem to understand concepts or what I'm trying to teach him. I have tried to teach him the names...

My 27 month old son can't speak yet [ 16 Answers ]

My son is 27 months old and can’t speak. The only time he can speak is when I point a picture on a book, and there is only 10 to 20 things that he can say, barely clearly though, mostly easy words like “mama, dada, car, ball, duck…. He is good in better in other areas like motor skills, and walking...

3 YR old do not speak [ 3 Answers ]

HELLO, This is my first post here I have a problem my 3 yr old does not speak,we want to train him but he don't give much importance to our words,though his hearing powers are excellent,he sometimes utter2-3 words of his own choice, We are in foreign country and have very few friends here,so...

View more questions Search