Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Oil paintings
    This may be for the category, if there is a better catagory; please let me know.

When I first bought oil paintings they said that the value appreciate for them. I have had some oil paintings for 20 years. Two of the frames, I repainted.

I would like to change up and get rid of some.

Is it true that oil paintings appreciate? If they do what can I do to get some reimbursements?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Jan 25, 2008, 02:41 PM
    All paintings weather they are oil or otherwise appreciate according to who painted them, some artist receive more of a premium than others and some paintings just hold there value or lose it according to the artist and how much in demand his art is.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 06:37 PM
    You may want to Google the painter's name and get an idea of what his/her work is going for now. You can also consult an auction house that specializes in art.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sand paintings [ 2 Answers ]

What is sand painting.how many types are there

Very Large Religious Oil Paintings [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased two (2) very large and very old oil paitings back in the 1960's at an estate sale in NYC. Both are approximately 4'X6' and were painted in dots. The paintings are religious in nature with angles on a cratered planet and men floating. Not your typical painting. Both paintings are not...

Oil Paintings and Artist [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know anything about a painter named Gene Bellini? I think he painted in oil in the Chicago area?

View more questions Search