Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camp2000 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Oil Painting Identification
    I have an oil painting which I am attaching to my post here. Can you identify it and also the name of the artist? Thank you.
    Attached Images

bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 07:59 PM
    The image showed but I can't see the name.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 08:02 PM
    The sentence structure is not good (misplaced clause). The questioner wants to know the name of the painting and the artist. (I had to read it several times to figure this out.)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Wondergirl... lol, thank you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2008, 08:09 PM
    camp2000 -- Do you know anything at all about the painting? Is it an original? Was it stored in someone's attic for years? Is anything written on the front of the painting, in one of the lower corners? Is there anything written on the back of the canvas?

The scene looks a bit painful, or at least uncomfortable--nude women on a rocky coast. I googled with various keyword combinations, but no luck that way. Do you live near an art store or art gallery? Someone there might be able to at least give you basic information because of the subject matter or style of painting.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2008, 10:27 PM
    (Note: Title and structure of the question reworded to make more sense.)
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2008, 10:46 PM
    After saving, enlarging, sharpening and lightening up the image that you have provided, it appears that there might be a signature of some kind in extreme lower left-hand corner of it. But, that's a big "might be." You might want to take a magnifying glass and have a look at the lower left-hand corner under a really bright light to see if there is indeed a signature there. If that is a signature that can be read, then by knowing the artist's name, we might be able to identify the painting.
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2008, 11:19 PM
    So that you know what I mean about there being a signature on it, here is the same image, enlarged, lightened and also sharpened a bit. My guess is that this is a very old oil painting that has darkened with age so as to render the signature to be almost imperceptible. But, I could be incorrect.
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 12:41 AM
    Did you find the signature on the original painting that appears to be in the image that I posted, camp2000?
    camp2000 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 03:18 AM
    The paint is old and it is in my parents house oversea .This February I planned to visit them,so I will be able to take a close look.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 03:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by camp2000
    The paint is old and it is in my parents house oversea .This february I planed to visit them,so I will be able to take a close look.
    That's good! Thank you for the further explanation as to the circumstances which surround your asking the question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pill identification [ 4 Answers ]

I need to identify a pill. It is oblong, white, blank on one side, and K10 on the other. There is also a tiny arrow that comes off the top right tip of the K.

PC Identification [ 8 Answers ]

Is it possible to hide or change identity of my hardware from Internet? Thanks

Pill identification [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 kinds of pills one is white and round and says T7 on one side and M on the other and the other one is peach colored and says 93 on one side and 149 on the other just wondering what they are.

Pill identification [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old clonazepam bottle and I found a small,round,yellow pill inside it today. One side is plain with a line in the middle the other side has an e and 63 on it. Could anyone possibly know what it is? I've checked everywhere trying to find out what it is and I've had no luck....

Identification [ 5 Answers ]

Here is a picture of a pump installation of some sort in my basement. The basement is 1/2 underground. There is a pump inside that seems to be stuck running. It has been running consistently for several hours. The house (and I assume) the pump is about 16 years old. Does this appear to be a...

View more questions Search