Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 12:41 AM
    Craig, I am going to try to crash out a bit here but hope when I get up in the morning, I see a post with an image from you. Don't disappoint us! Okay?

Night night to you! Sweet sleep! Until tomorrow! Jan
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    We were going down a main street tonight in our town and I am talking about businesses on both sides, business offices, restaurants, etc.. A four point buck ran in front of our car. Our car is in pieces. Totaled we think. What a night.

WHAT?! Foget about my picture that I was going to post! Are you okay?
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 12:53 AM
    Image is coming then. Nothing to really brag about, except it does involve part of the art in which I am involved.
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:04 AM
    This is what it's like when you put new key bushings in the keys of a piano. The keys in which the key bushings are being istalled, are on one of my grand pianos in my living room. My tuba is underneath the piano.
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:08 AM
    Craig, I am going to try to crash out a bit here but hope when I get up in the morning, I see a post with an image from you. Don't disappoint us! Okay?

Night night to you! Sweet sleep! Until tomorrow! Jan
    Goodnight to both of you, Jan and Christine! There will be more images coming from me, once I take my computer back home so that I can use the scanner.
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:11 AM
    I don't know how to get an image on here much bigger than the one that I have just posted. Am looking for advice. Do I need to change the format! Am using IrfanView, which is a free image editor. Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    This is what it's like when you put new key bushings in the keys of a piano. The keys in which the key bushings are being istalled, are on one of my grand pianos in my living room. My tuba is underneath the piano.
    Talk about lost... I would never find my way through all of that! A person just doesn't realize what intricate parts and so much is in a piano. I am intrigued and loved the image. I can't settle down to go to bed so was happy to get back on here and see your post. Just wish it was larger as well as the other image you posted earlier. Maybe later?? I just can't see enough detail. I wouldn't understand it anyway but I am one to get right in there and want to see it all and try to understand it anyway! :)
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:26 AM
    I have been going to enlarge the image of me next to the instrument on the other page. Just need to get around to it. Too much going on right now for me. This weekend and beginning of next week are going to be a real trial! Thanks for your comments, Jan!
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:31 AM
    I don't know how to get an image on here much bigger than the one that I have just posted. Am looking for advice. Do I need to change the format! Am using IrfanView, which is a free image editor. Thanks!
    I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8. Go to file, open and choose image. Then go to "Image" and the drop down box gives you "Resize". I have resized some to 250 some to 450 the last image of the Florida house to 650. I am going to try to resize to 750 and attach on here to see if it is more clear that way. There is one program on my computer I will check tomorrow. It may be one that you have already. Anyway, that is my 3 cents worth. I am not familiar with IrfanView. I will get back with you tomorrow on the other programs I am familiar with. That be okay? You will probably have tons of professional answers before I get up in the morning... all the better so we can see those images a little larger. :p
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:36 AM
    Craig, as you can see, resizing my image did not help this. It is quite clear and crisp on my computer screen but not when I attach it. I won't remove because it does show more detail I think.

Hope the weekend and the first of the week go well for you! Until later then!
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:37 AM
    The only image programs that I have on my computer are free ones. I'm not sure that I can do the same things that the rest of you do with yours. But, maybe there is a way. I am also wondering if some of the resizing might have to do with the color content of the images if what I have posted can't be any larger than it is? Don't know.

Are you putting the images in your post as an attachment, or as something else? The images that I have thus far posted have all been attachments.
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:38 AM
    WHAT????!!!! Foget about my picture that I was going to post! Are you okay?
    A little shaken up and sore but fine. Thank you for your concern! Just can't gear down to go to bed! I will be fine though... I am one tough kid! LOL ;)
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:39 AM
    I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8. Go to file, open and choose image. Then go to "Image" and the drop down box gives you "Resize". I have resized some to 250 some to 450 the last image of the Florida house to 650. I am going to try to resize to 750 and attach on here to see if it is more clear that way. There is one program on my computer I will check tomorrow. It may be one that you have already. Anyway, that is my 3 cents worth. I am not familiar with IrfanView. I will get back with you tomorrow on the other programs I am familiar with. That be okay? You will probably have tons of professional answers before I get up in the morning...........all the better so we can see those images a little larger. :p
    It still looks like a black & white photograph, Jan! Sorry! Did you steal it from another website? :D
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:44 AM
    The only image programs that I have on my computer are free ones. I'm not sure that I can do the same things that the rest of you do with yours. But, maybe there is a way. I am also wondering if some of the resizing might have to do with the color content of the images if what I have posted can't be any larger than it is? Don't know.

Are you putting the images in your post as an attachment, or as something else? The images that I have thus far posted have all been attachments.
    I do put the images as attachments. I think I can find a program tomorrow that you may have on your computer.

I am no expert but I don't believe you would be restricted to size because of color. You can size up to 750 pixels but no larger when you go to the advanced or additional options. I posted the Ostrich Egg (quite early on) from a photograph and it didn't limit me.

We will find answers one way or another for you! Others out there will probably have you fixed up before I wake up! LOL
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:47 AM
    A little shaken up and sore but fine. Thank you for your concern! Just can't gear down to go to bed! I will be fine though....I am one tough kid! LOL ;)
    I know that you are tough! You wouldn't be able to do your art the way that you do, unless you were tough! Some of what I play on the piano is Liszt - the harder works. I like to do the hardest pieces. It is a challenge for me. I don't quit and I won't stop. Some of the pieces that I play have taken me over two years to perfect to some degree. Even then, it will take me many more years to say that I have really completed them. Some of the pieces, when I heard them on recordings, I had to listen to five or six times to get a grasp that I even liked them. They are that deep. When I play them for an audience, I explain these things to them so that they might also get an idea as to what it takes to understand the pieces.
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:49 AM
    It still looks like a black & white photograph, Jan! Sorry! Did you steal it from another website? :D
    LOL Yeah, yeah, yeah, I am one big plagiarizer!! That's me. LOL I will try at some point to post the actual photo I worked from and the drawings of some work. That might be interesting. I may do it of "Chris's Understanding".
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:50 AM
    I do put the images as attachments. I think I can find a program tomorrow that you may have on your computer.

I am no expert but I don't believe you would be restricted to size because of color. You can size up to 750 pixels but no larger when you go to the advanced or additional options. I posted the Ostrich Egg (quite early on) from a photograph and it didn't limit me.

We will find answers one way or another for ya! Others out there will probably have you fixed up before I wake up! LOL

Thanks, Jan!

I don't understand pixels as compared to kilobytes. Or, am I using the wrong terminology here? Don't really know.
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:53 AM
    LOL Yeah, yeah, yeah, I am one big plagiarizer!!! That's me. LOL I will try at some point to post the actual photo I worked from and the drawings of some work. That might be interesting. I may do it of "Chris's Understanding".
    A comparison would be good! But, I am sure that your drawing is much more warm than any photograph could be!
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 01:53 AM
    I know that you are tough! You wouldn't be able to do your art the way that you do, unless you were tough! Some of what I play on the piano is Liszt - the harder works. I like to do the hardest pieces. It is a challenge for me. I don't quit and I won't stop. Some of the pieces that I play have taken me over two years to perfect to some degree. Even then, it will take me many more years to say that I have really completed them. Some of the pieces, when I heard them on recordings, I had to listen to five or six times to get a grasp that I even liked them. They are that deep. When I play them for an audience, I explain these things to them so that they might also get an idea as to what it takes to understand the pieces.
    One of your gifts is to be clear, concise, and thorough in your giving of information. You have a way of getting people excited about what you are excited about. I would like to hear a tape of you playing sometime or see a video clip. I have an idea, you put so much of yourself into your music that you become the music. Thank you for sharing this part of you with all of us on the forum. Tomorrow, well, today actually, LOL, the people reading the posts will be happy to know more of what you do and how much heart you put into it.
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 02:02 AM
    Thanks, Jan!

I don't understand pixels as compared to kilobytes. Or, am I using the wrong terminology here? Don't really know.
    Images are measured in pixels and inches.

When you post an image: Example:

Width 750 Pixels - this is equivalent to 3.750 inches in print size. (on this particular image)
    Height 536 Pixels - this is equivalent to 2.680 inches in print size. (on this particular image)

There are variables I believe but this gives some clairty perhaps!? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search