Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 12:45 AM
    I can see all three very clearly now. They are just beautiful! The middle one looks to me like there are some sewn portions on it. Not?
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 12:46 AM
    Craig, I think I read on one of the threads you had a "gig" this weekend?? If so, wondering how it went for you. Share photos when you can and articles. I hope it was great and I am sure it was. You are in your element when you are performing, right? Since I haven't heard back, thinking you might have hopped over to another thread. Are you happy with how the Halloween thread is coming along? Those short one liner jokes are great! I have enjoyed those. Guess I will go on to bed and hopefully sleep. Long day tomorrow. Well, maybe you just popped on, let me check and answer if so... :)
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 12:50 AM
    Please don't go just yet! I am on another thread at the same time. You might be interested in it! It might shortly involve the Halloween thread.

Yes, I did have a gig tonight. I have some mixed feelings about it that would be appropriate to post on this thread. But, that might have to happen at a later time.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 12:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I can see all three very clearly now. They are just beautiful! The middle one looks to me like there are some sewn portions on it. Not?
    Not a stitch! The bunny was just a cloth bunny purchased at local craft store. I even made the clothes for the bunny from material used in wreath and glued every bit of it!

I have made curtains for my kitchen that fit on a rod and can be used as ballooned or flat and glued both the top and bottom part that goes on the rod and take them off and launder them also. I just use hot glue. I don't even sew on buttons! Pretty sad, I know. I had to take Home EC in high school and it took five of us to put my zipper in my skirt. As you know, I ride motor cycles, fish and hunt, do my art and am just not really into the girly things. I have always been a tomboy and enjoy every minute of it although my sister use to try to change me into being a lady! LOL A few years later she and her husband bought Harley's and she is more like me but still can be quite the lady. She is six years older than I and always thinks I should march to her beat but... I pretty much march to the beat of my own drum! LOL :p
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Not a stitch! The bunny was just a cloth bunny purchased at local craft store. I even made the clothes for the bunny from material used in wreath and glued every bit of it!

I have made curtains for my kitchen that fit on a rod and can be used as ballooned or flat and glued both the top and bottom part that goes on the rod and take them off and launder them also. I just use hot glue. I don't even sew on buttons! Pretty sad, I know. I had to take Home EC in high school and it took five of us to put my zipper in my skirt. As you know, I ride motor cycles, fish and hunt, do my art and am just not really into the girly things. I have always been a tomboy and enjoy every minute of it although my sister use to try to change me into being a lady! LOL A few years later she and her husband bought Harley's and she is more like me but still can be quite the lady. She is six years older than I and always thinks I should march to her beat but ........ I pretty much march to the beat of my own drum! LOL :p
    I buy my daughter what would usually considered to be "guy" type things for Christmas. Tools, etc.

Viewing what you have done with the wreaths, I now feel confident that I could do such a thing. I have at least three or four hot glue guns. (Keep buying them because I forget where they are at.) I love to make artsy crafty things! At Christmas time, I hold the neighborhood Christmas party at my home. I usually end up borrowing a bunch of stuff from friends and neighbors as far as decorations and whatever. It would be nice to have more things that I have made myself to display.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 01:05 AM
    I buy my daughter what would usually considered to be "guy" type things for Christmas. Tools, etc.

Viewing what you have done with the wreaths, I now feel confident that I could do such a thing. I have at least three or four hot glue guns. (Keep buying them because I forget where they are at.) I love to make artsy crafty things! At Christmas time, I hold the neighborhood Christmas party at my home. I usually end up borrowing a bunch of stuff from friends and neighbors as far as decorations and whatever. It would be nice to have more things that I have made myself to display.
    Just buy straw wreath at craft store, cut your choice of material in four inch squares with pinking shears, use a stylus or flat end skewer when you place glue on center of piece of material on the print side, then stick it into the straw. It takes a lot of pieces of material if you like them really full like I do and I like to continue the material a little around to the back, not all the way but I don't like the straw wreath to show through. Easy, just time consuming. No end to the ideas of how to decorate them. As with most things, I do a few of one type thing then try another. Glad you like them. No doubt you could do them. If I can, you can! :p
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Craig, I hate to crash out on you but I have a long day planned tomorrow. I will be anxious to hear about your night though! See you on the thread, hopefully tomorrow night? Later then! :)
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 01:12 AM
    Are pinking shears the kind with all of the angles in them?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 01:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    Craig, I hate to crash out on you but I have a long day planned tomorrow. I will be anxious to hear about your night though! See you on the thread, hopefully tomorrow night? Later then! :)
    That's okay! I definitely understand! I should be "rolling up the sidewalk" myself here. "Michelle" already got off the site. It probably would be best that I do, too.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 01:57 AM
    Jan,
    I "sew" love the "sew" wreath! :)
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 02:01 AM
    Her wreaths are definitely beautiful!
    erlobenauer Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Oct 29, 2007, 02:23 AM
    Hi everyone, just popping in to say hi. Hope all is well - and hope to be on soon chatting and sharing some kind of art. Haven't been feeling well and haven't drawn anything up in over a week or more. I'll get on it sooner or later.

HUGS
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 02:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer
    Hi everyone, just popping in to say hi. Hope all is well - and hope to be on soon chatting and sharing some kind of art. Haven't been feeling well and haven't drawn anything up in over a week or more. I'll get on it sooner or later.

HUGS
    Are things going better for you since the last time we communicated? I really hope so! I am sure that this thread will get going with more art stuff in a very short while. It won't die! It may wax and wane, but it won't die...
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Jan,
    I "sew" love the "sew" wreath!!:)
    Thank you "sew" much FB!! :) My sister-in-law is wonderful with thread. She makes dolls of all kinds in wonderful clothes without any patterns, makes adult clothes, takes care of any needs of sewing I have if my husband can't do it! LOL The first year we were married, he came in from work. He asked what I was doing. I told him, "Moving buttons over on this shirt, the band around the wrists are too large." He smiled and said, "Here let me do it!" I thought I was doing quite well. The buttons had four holes in them and I was doing the criss cross and then going from hole to hole in a square. Those buttons would have never come off. The shirt would have been in shreds before the buttons would have ever came off! :p :p :p

Anyway, that sewing wreath was for her! She has it on her wall in her living room! Hope to see more art work posted from you soon! :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by erlobenauer

HUGS
    Sure hope you feel better soon. Looking forward to more art from you! :)
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Hi, Jan!

How are you? What is the most recent project that you have been working on in your art?
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 29, 2007, 08:52 PM
    The wreaths are sew special!
    Can't wait to see more art :) can't get enuff
    Tonight because I'm in the art class I have to go to the schools art exhibition, lots of good stuff in there (not many of my stuff in there because only one of my studios so far is good to hang on a wall, mite show you guys a pick of it later)
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 08:57 PM
    Hi, Jan!

How are you? What is the most recent project that you have been working on in your art?
    Hi there!
    I have just started a new commission piece. It is a pencil drawing. (Two years ago I did a commission piece for the same person. It was a Christmas gift for the man in her life. It is a drawing of his Florida home. It is on my web site under Gallery, called "Florida-Get-Away".) The place the man grew up in is a bungalow on Long Island. They call it "Breezy". It is for a Christmas gift also. I am not familiar with the area. When I do the write up I will get more details. The photos I have to work from are new ones with new siding but I am to put the old Asbestos siding on it in the drawing and she requested I add a little Radio Flyer Wagon on the front deck or porch. There is a flag pole and no flag but she wants the flag. I do have an image of the old deck railing and she wants it all the way around it. She wants me to leave out all other structures in the background in the photo, leave out plants in front of the railing and put sea shells because the is how it was in the 40'2-50's! It will be a challenge and will take research because I will need to know what type of shells are on the beaches in that area but every time I begin a new project, I look at the blank piece of paper and wonder if I will ever make the first mark.

What are you working on? Did you get the upright piano finished? Have any more 'gigs' coming up the next few weeks or should I ask how many do you have? :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    the wreaths are sew special!
    cant wait to see more art :) can't get enuff
    tonite coz im in the art class i have to go to the schools art exhibition, lots of good stuff in there (not many of my stuff in there coz only one of my studios so far is good to hang on a wall, mite show you guys a pick of it later)
    Glad you liked the wreaths! :) More of my dabbling.
    I love seeing everyone's art on this thread. I hope you will post more! Post all your work that you can here. It encourages all of us when we can get excited for someone else's work and their excitement and enjoyment for the arts. I check on here every day for your work. ;)
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Is this your busiest time of the year for you doing art, Jan? It must be nice to be getting commissioned to do work. A long time ago, I was commissioned to build some people a harpsichord (virginal).

The old upright piano is not finished yet. I really have to get on it!

I have a performance with the Quad City Wind Ensemble this coming Sunday. I will be playing piano and other percussion instruments in the concert. What's weird, is that I haven't been able to come to most of the rehearsals for this concert because of all the gigs that I have had on Sundays. We practice for Wind Ensemble on Sunday evenings. The piece for which I will be playing piano, I have not practiced with the group yet. It's kind of scary without having a rehearsal with the group first. We might get to run some things for about twenty minutes before the performance. But, that's about it. Usually, we have a rather long warm-up rehearsal on the day of a concert. There are about three to seven gigs a month with the big band that I play with.

Incoming from the phone, now. Got to go...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search