Moulin Rouge Painting

Asked Jun 26, 2013, 11:45 AM 1 Answer
    I think this painting has something to do with the Moulin Rouge, but, I'm not really sure. I'm wondering if someone can provide assistance with the place and the signature of the artist. I cannot decipher the name. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    1 Answer
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 21,329, Reputation: 2420

#2

Jun 26, 2013, 12:38 PM
    It is just a Paris street scene, painted so regularly in the last 200 years. Cant identify the signature. It is not Moulin Rouge which was a destination for the rich and famous in Paris and catered to British royalty in the 20th century. A restaurant/cafe/theatre venue to put it plainly.

Moulin Hollandais [ 1 Answers ]

What do the french words Moulin Hollandais mean?

Grand Moulin by Paul LeCompte [ 0 Answers ]

I just purchased a framed piece that I fell in love with the moment I saw it. I love the colors and the style of the artist. I know absolutely nothing about art but on the back of the piece is an older label from ArtLore. On the label it states that it is Grand Moulin by Paul Lecompte and under...

Moulin Rouge Soundtrack Booklet [ 1 Answers ]

I've been looking for whoever designed the Moulin Rouge CD/DVD booklet. I love the style it's done in, but I've had no luck finding who designed it. Anyone know by any chance?