Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blakk dyamond Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 09:28 PM
    Probation VIOLATION
    My p.o. violated me and now she wants me to turn myself in. i have no problems with that but what are the outcomes of my going back to prison on a violation when i didn't know i was still on probation
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 05:58 AM

How did you not know you were still on probation?

At any rate when you turn yourself in, explain the circumstances to the Judge.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Aug 13, 2009, 07:31 AM

I was a PO in Maryland for 7 years and it should be perfectly clear on your probation order as to the length of the probation and the exact terms as well. I was required to go over all this stuff with the probationers when they were first assigned to me and they were always given copies of the probation order by the court.

In my experience, only bad things happen to people who tell the judges that placed them on probation that they forgot or didn't know they were on probation. Of course the importance of the violation itself is critical. If you missed a few office visits, or committed some other technical violations, you will be a lot better off than if you got convicted of a new charge. Its up to the judge and the good thing about turning yourself in is that you choose the time to do so. People who get picked up on a VOP warrant always seem to have it happen to them at the worst possible time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of Probation [ 29 Answers ]

My boyfriend is on probation and he recently got a VOP for a failed drug test. This is his first offense and he is going to turn hisself in. Since this is his first offense what are the chances that he can get a bound? And if he does what will happen next? I really need help with this as soon as...

NYS Violation of Probation DWI [ 7 Answers ]

My daughter was 21 when she got her first DWI (last year); she received a suspended sentence of one year in jail, 3 yrs probation, and treatment. She completed treatment (drinking the whole time) and got another DWI, same town, same judge. She took a plea with the felony in the city since our town...

Violation of traffic Probation while on unsupervised crimal probation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced 3 yrs unsupervised probation for 2nd degree assault. He already had a case pending for traffic. He hit a car bumper. Was sentenced to supervised probation and to pay fines for damages of 1,000 dollars. We haven't paid the fine yet, we will at tax time we just haven't had...

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

In Ohio how long can they hold you on a probation violation on a f5 before you see a judge or get sent to different county

Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

A friend was on probation for a DUI, and is currently in the ARD program. Their license was suspended for 30days, it has been 30 days, however never had the confirmation letter mailed yet, and was caught driving... nothing serious... how will this affect their probabtion, and will it make them...

View more questions Search