Did exactly as others stated with drain plug on bottom of machine. Did not solve problem. F35 error still came up. Researched and found out about a diagnostic test - see below:
Execute this procedure with an empty drum. All of the steps
below must be done in sequence in order to reach the Diagnostic
test. This executes the automatic test only.
- Close the door.
- Push power.
- Select the “Drain and Spin” program.
- Deselect the rinse option (for Kenmore only).
- Select “No spin”.
- Push PREWASH or STEAM TREAT or DEEP CLEAN button
- (depending on your model) four times within five seconds”.
- The automated test program is started (not possible to skip
- To cancel the test program press the “Stop” button.
[/list][/list]Should go thru all 9 cycles (C00 - C09). Mine went to F35 after C01 which refered to cold water inlet valve. Disconnected cold water hose on back of machine and cleaned off screen on inside of plastic valve on back of machine(used q-tip). Reconnected hose, re-ran diagnotic test to end successfully. The machine has an internal flowmeter. If there is blockage of water into sytem, will trigger error code F35. No reason to replace pressure switch unless you still have a problem. This worked for me.