Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhansen42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Track lighting suddenly stopped working
    I had to move a previously installed and working track about 18inches from it's original position. I tested it in it's new position and it worked. I screwed it to the ceiling and it didn't work. Took it apart, put it back together. Nothing. There is power to the feed connector but none of the lights will work. There is a 4' strip, an L connector and an 8' strip. Could the 4' strip (which the feed connector plugs in to) need to be replaced?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 07:53 PM
    If you remove end cap of track, may be able to measure voltage. Recheck connections to first track.
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Jun 6, 2007, 11:40 PM
    Do a simple test: Secure the power, then install an incandescent light fixture--turn on the power, and see if the light fixture works. If it works, then you have a problem with your track. If it is the track, do not run it back to the store, first re-install to ceiling--making sure your track lights and connectors are installed properly--then turn switch on. If it still doesn't work, then your track lights may be off the tracks, so try playing them back in the correct position. If this doesn't work. The get a refund! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Track lighting not working [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay 7 light track light kit. Each of the 7 light fixtures on the track have a halogen 20W bulb in them. Recently, the power in my house went off for about 10 minutes. This happened at night, so all of the lights/ switches were off. After the power came back on, I noticed that...

Ceiling Fan suddenly stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

We have a ceiling fan that stop working. It is only about 1 1/2 years old. It won't turn on by the remote or light switch. What should I do?

One Light Stopped Working on a Track of 3 [ 2 Answers ]

We have a track light that has been up for a year with no problems. One bulb burned out (we thought). We got a replacement bulb from the hardware store and changed it, but the bulb still won't work. We checked and the bulb is the correct type. It plugs in fine, fits snug, and everything seems...

Track lighting suddenly not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton bay track lighting unit that has been installed and operating properly for 8 years. It gets it's electric freed from a nead-by ceiling fan. Earlier we switched the juice on and all 5 of the bulbs stopped working at once. The odd thing is the ceiling fan, which is in the same...

Air/Heating Unit (Electric) Suddenly stopped working [ 5 Answers ]

Hello In July we replaced the motor and the relay switch on the unit outside the house. The unit had been running fine. Sept. 14 it was a little muggy in the house so I turned the thermostat down to 72 to kick the air on. Nothing happened all I heard was a "click" which would normally start the...

View more questions Search