Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dgfohio Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Whirlpool Electric Dryer, Heats up.does not tumble
    Hello,

This is my first question on the site. Thanks for lloking it over. I have an Electric Whirlpool dryer. The dryer just stopped working on my wife today. I went down and inspected it, and I found it to be very hot.

I unplugged the dryer for safety purposes, and I wanted it to cool down.

Once cooled down, I tried to start the dryer again, and I noticed that the heat in the sryer starts up, but the motor does not run the tumble part of the dryer. Now the things I have read tell me that the heat element should not start if the motor is not running. But this can happen in the case of a short.

Any thoughts on what I should check first?

Whirlpool model LEB600KQ1

Thanks,

Dave
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 07:41 PM
    I would start by checking the belt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Electric Dryer Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool electric dryer model# LEC8858EQ1. It seems to work fine except often it does not fully dry the clothes. I have check and cleaned all lint from the screens, back and the vent going outside so that is not the problem. I just replaced the two thermostats and that did not fix the...

Whirlpool Dryer Heats Intermittently [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Whirlpool dryer Model# GGQ8858EQ1 that heats intermittently. I will turn on the dryer and the flame turns on but only heats up for 5 minutes then turns off. The dryer then runs the rest of it's cycle with no heat. I have tried replacing the fuse but that didn't solve the problem. I am...

Whirlpool Electric Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool electric dryer that won't heat. Checking the heating element with ohm meter reads zero ohms. All connections to heatingf element have power. Any help ? Steve

Electric dryer heats up, won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Heavy Duty dryer that heats up, but nothing happens when I press that start button. By heating up, I mean I turn the timer dial and I can open the door, look inside, and see the glowing red heating element and it is still heating with the door open. Pressing the start button,...

View more questions Search