Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summer6726 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Outlet plug
    After vacuming, I've noticed the cord is warm when I unplug it from the outlet... what the heck does that mean?? Thanks, Christine:cool:
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 9, 2007, 02:57 AM
    The heat is due to the amp load and the inherent loose connection of the plug in the outlet. Warm is OK, just needs to be monitored. If the plug gets hot, then the outlet is too loose and needs to be changed.
    summer6726 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Thank you! I will keep an eye on it. Christine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 Amp outlet. Have an a/c with 15 amp plug [ 1 Answers ]

I have a big problem in that my window is less than 26 inches wide. I need a 24,000 BTU air condtioner. The only AC I found is a GE ASM24DK. It has a 220 volt 15 Amp Perpendicular plug. The problem is that I have a 220 outlet, but the plug type seems to be a 20 amp. The top of the outlet has a...

Plug-in [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a mobile home and a lot of the plug-ins are coming out of the wall. I guess from children jerking cords out. Please tell me how to replace them back where they will be strudy and strong.

Replace 2-plug GFGI with a 4-plug GFCI? [ 7 Answers ]

I am remodeling my bathroom and my wife wants a 4 plug outlet. She currently uses one for the hair dryer and one to charge her electric toothbrush. The intent is to add a lighted mirror or something else that uses little power. Would it be OK to replace the GFCI with a 4 plug GFCI? I suspect...

Must you re-wire outlet to outlet? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there. Great site. I am rewiring my 1950's house with plaster walls, older wiring had no ground. Because it is one story, and extremely tight in the attic on the outer walls, I ran a 12/2 home run for the outlets, to a big (1900?) junction box, then "spidered" out to each individual...

120 volt outlet from 240 volt outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that it is possbile to wire a 120 volt outlet from a 240 volt outlet. My 240 volt outlet has 3 wires in, white, black, and a ground. Do I wire the 120 volt outlet from the either wire and the ground? My voltage meter indicates that connection is 120 volts. Is there any down side to...

View more questions Search