Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Davidr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Install Cooktop
    I am installing a Kenmore cooktop with a red, black(grey), copper wire. I have a 220 line that is black, white and copper. How do I connect these.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 06:19 PM
    The black and white should be the 240 volt feed, which would connect to the red and black input of the cooktop.

The bare copper wires will be the equipment grounds, which should be spliced, and also connect to any metal junction box with a short tail.

Should use a voltage tester to be sure the black and white is actually 240 volts across them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting 4 wire cooktop [ 1 Answers ]

Can you assist me with connect a new four wire cooktop to my existing breaker panel? I have a 40 amp 2 pole breaker in my panel, but I have four wires coming from the new cooktop. I am installing a new Kenmore Elite model #44089. Do the black and red go to the breaker? The green to ground? What...

Electric cooktop installation [ 4 Answers ]

I have a older GE cook top I would like to replace. The wiring has a red, black and white. The new cooktop has black, red and a bare copper wire. The instructions state that the appliance is a 240 volt unit and to connect to a 3 wire 120/240 volt power supply. The neutral, I assume white, is...

Stained cooktop [ 2 Answers ]

How can I remove burned on stain on a Maytag smooth top range, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING.:confused:

Propane cooktop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE gas cooktop that runs on propane. It doesn't seem very powerful, I have used much cheaper stoves that run on propane that boil water much faster. Is there any way I can increase its output ?

Cooktop 220V reduces to zero under load [ 3 Answers ]

While replacing one of the cooktop switches in an old Tappan cooktop, the voltage across L1 and L2 is 220 volts while switch is off. When any of the switches is on the voltage drops to under 1 volt across all the L1 and L2 on all of the switches in series and does not deliver any voltage to across...

View more questions Search