Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ylubofsky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer
    A sponge fell down the opening of the "lint catcher" while it was out because I was removing back up lint.
    While the lint catcher fits back in, I do not know if it is dangerous to leave the sponge down there, and if so, I do not know how to get it out--tried with a hanger but couldn't catch on to it.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you
    coyoteweb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 10:32 AM
    This same thing happened to us yesterday. Did you resolve the issue? Initially, our dryer made a terrible grinding noise, but then it was quiet. I'm guessing the sponge is at the bottom..? I'm concerned it could be damaging to the dryer or a fire hazard. Please let me know how you resoved it.
    ylubofsky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 01:49 PM
    It is a fire hazard, DO NOT use the dryer till you get it out

I had a service man come and open up the back, only way to get to it because of the angle of the curve, if you are handy you can probably do it yourself

Of course I am now very careful when pulling out the lint trap

Please let me know if you are able to get it out yourself

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer [ 17 Answers ]

We purchased new Whirlpool Cabrio Washer & Dryer set from Sears. The washer has worked fine, but the dryer has not. The dryer was delivered and had a small dent on the front of the door. When we put clothes in the dryer and start it, the dryer is extremely loud. It sometimes has a piercing...

Whirlpool dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a whirlpool dryer heavyduty super capacity and it is not heating at all I took the back off and the coil is not turning red can you help me thanks

Whirlpool dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool dryer and it want start... I turned my timer on and press the start button and want do anything.. but you can hear a noise at the timer button and when youn go to press the start button the noise stops... I am wondering if its the timer button or the start button?

Whirlpool Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool dryer which has stopped spinning, the motor still runs, and it still heats up. I would like to try and figure out what is wrong with it. The model number is #LER7646DQ0.

View more questions Search