Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gcrose199 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Kitchen sink gurgles
    When my washing machine drains the kitchen sink gurgles. The sink also has a sewer odor.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 04:12 PM
    When my washing machine drains the kitchen sink gurgles. The sink also has a sewer odor.

Sounds like you have a partial drain line restriction OR the plumbing vent is stopped up. Unless you have a plumbers snake and know how to use it you will need to call a plumber that does. Sorry but there is no miracle cure for this problem unless you want to try some liquid drain cleaner but that hardly ever works on this kind of problem..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink only gurgles when drains [ 5 Answers ]

Just had old pipes under the double kitchen sink replaced-there is a now gurgling noise when draining on both sides that was never there before-why?

Kitchen Sink Gurgles when Sump Runs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sump in my basement that collects discharge water from my washer, furnace, and water softner. The sump pumps the water straight up to the ceiling, where it ties into septic system. All the water drains to my septic tank/field outside. The kitchen sink upstairs gurlges every time the...

New washer kitchen sink gurgles [ 2 Answers ]

Hello experts: We just had to buy a new Maytag top loading washer (not the best, not the cheapest.) When it drains our kitchen sink gurgles (the water isn't sucked out though.) With our old washer (made in 1994) we did not have this problem - any ideas?

Kitchen Sink Gurgles with Shower or Washing Machine Use [ 2 Answers ]

A plumber who came by to unclog a sink told the tenant that it was the septic (the house actually has a cesspool, not a septic tank). Unfortunately, I wasn't there to ask any follow-up questions. I'm wondering, is it possible this is a partially blocked main line out to the cesspool? Could it be...

View more questions Search