Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jangalang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 12:22 PM
    Kenmore Ultra Wash 17722000
    The door on the soap dispenser will not open. When I manually move the lever with my finger it will open, but does not open during the normal cycle.

Please help
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2012, 06:12 AM
    There is a solenoid that is energized to open that door. You will need to test it with a good digital meter. It should read between 500-3000 ohms. Here is the manual: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Ult...Dishwasher.pdf
    Get a good digital meter at Radio Shack, Home Depot, or Lowe's and get familiar with how to use it. It's best to get one with automatic protection in case you put the leads on a live wire while on "Ohms." Some meters are protected with a fuse and others have a fuse plus automatic protection. If you get the one with a fuse make sure to get some extra fuses and always turn off power to something before using it on "Ohms," but a capacitor stores power, so make sure to short them out first. Here is a book on using a meter: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/How...e%20Manual.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you engage the lock on this dishwasher kenmore ultra wash smart wash dishwashe [ 1 Answers ]

How do you engage the lock on this dishwasher kenmore ultra wash smart wash dishwashe

My kenmore ultra wash dishwasher will not run the wash cycle, it fills then hums [ 0 Answers ]

My kenmore ultra wash dishwasher won't run the wash cycle, it fills with water then hums softly?

Kenmore elite ultra wash normal wash button blinks [ 0 Answers ]

Normal wash push pad on kenmore elite button. Will not start

Kenmore elite ultra wash dishwasher quiet guard 7 with the turbo wash. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore elite ultra wash dishwasher quiet guard 7 with the turbo wash. The middle spray arm has stopped spinning. I changed the feed tube going up to the arm, but to no avail. The feeder tube assemble didn't come with the Turbo section. I checked the water level and it seems adequate and I...

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher - flashing normal wash and Cancel lights? [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher - flashing normal wash and Cancel lights? Is there any easy fix to the flashing lights? I have the "normal wash" and "Cancel" lights flashing. The dishwasher does not work. Model: 665.1385

View more questions Search