Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Motiger Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 04:44 AM
    Water won't shut off
    When the machine is filling with water, either the wash or rinse cycles, the water won't shut off automatically. All other functions work properly. Is the problem in the water level switch or main control? There is a circuit board on the control panel and I don't know what it is for.

Sep 7, 2012, 04:52 AM
    Have you figured out how to remove the housing around the machine?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2012, 05:31 AM
    It could be either the water level switch or the water valves. If the water valves get trash or scale in the holes on the diaphragm the water will stay on because the valves cannot close. Unplug unit and if water stays on it's the valves. Remove the valves and disassemble then soak the parts, except the solenoid coils, in vinegar and water for a couple of hours. Then clean out well with toothbrush making sure holes in diaphragm are clear. There are little brass pieces where a hole has been drilled in the diaphragms and these must be clear of all trash and scale. Make sure pin and spring are clean and can move freely in passage that is surrounded by solenoid coil and seat for pin is clean, too. You can buy rebuild kits if the pins are worn out along with diaphragm, but normally all you need do is clean everything.
    The water level switch can jam, too. It has contacts that can weld shut and you would have to replace the switch, or the clear plastic hose can get stopped up or get a hole in it which will keep the water from shutting off because water pressure turns water off. Here is a manual to explain things: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Und...c%20washer.pdf

Sep 8, 2012, 08:36 AM
    Thank you for the reply. It was very helpful. The 3/16 pressure hose came off the pressure switch. Your information allowed me to make repairs.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2012, 06:41 PM
    I am glad you were able to fix it so easily. I'm sure it saved you some money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water shut off valve not allowing water to run after I turned back on [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the bathroom stem seats and after doing so turn the hot and cold shut off valves back on and there is no water coming out of the tap. What is wrong and how do I fix it?

Hot Water Heating System Left on With Main Water Valve Shut-off [ 1 Answers ]

Can the hot water heating system be left on with the main water valve shut off while on vacation?

Rheem water heater is leaking water from bottom of tank. I need to shut the water of [ 4 Answers ]

How do I shut off the water to my Rheem water heater. It is leaking

Rheem water heater is leaking water from bottom of tank. I need to shut the water of [ 2 Answers ]

How do I shut off the water to my Rheem hot water tank. 40 gallon model # 21IR40DV

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

View more questions Search