Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonydavitiger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Washer/Dryer Combo Installation on 2nd Floor
    I was wondering about installing a washer/dryer combo on the 2nd floor of my townhouse. There is linen cubbard that is just the right height and width for either a stackable unit or a combo unit. Right behind the wall of this linen cubbard are both the bathrooms. Immediately behind the linen cubbard is the toilet for the master bath. Literally if one is sitting on the toilet, the linen cubbard is to your back.

My question is, is it possible to install a washer/dryer here. If so, what sorts of power and water considerations are involved? And is there a way for me to safeguard against flooding.

Thank you!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 09:11 AM
    I would suspect that the existing drains and vent are not adequate for a washing machine. You made need to open the wall in the cubboard to inspect the pipe size. As for flooding, it almost always happens eventually. You can install a pan beneath the washer but without a drain it would only collect about 2 gal. of water before overflowing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile leak from 3rd floor through 2nd floor ceiling (bath) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All: We renovated our third floor bathroom which included stripping the floor down and installing tiles (1" squares within 1' blocks). After our 3rd floor tenant takes long showers we get some leakage through her floor and thusly through our ceiling (which we now have partially open to have...

1st floor ceiling leak below 2nd floor shower [ 2 Answers ]

Our ceiling has developed a swelling or bubble in the ceiling and when touched-it literally fell apart and created a hole. It is dry to the touch but happens to be right in line with our 2nd floor master bedroom shower where the plumbing probably comes down. The shower has a plastic floor with a...

Floor Drain in my Washer/Dryer room is backing up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a floor drain that the previous owner of my house put in ( I guess). My washer/dryer is on our second floor of out two story home. The drain has been backing up and spilling out into the catch tray under the washer/dryer. I can't seem to figure out how to unclog this drain. It's only about...

Washer/dryer installation? [ 2 Answers ]

I am very interested in a certain older home that has been remodeled. There is weirdness, though. The remodelers installed washer connections where the refrigerator is clearly supposed to go, and the utility closet has a dryer connection (about 15 feet away). I would either want to put the...

View more questions Search