Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    july27 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Suds in dishwasher without detergent
    I have suds in the dishwasher. I have used wet/dry vac
    I have used vinegar, I have used alcohol, I have used cooking oil.
    All on the advice of the manufacurer and the detergent company too.
    Yet suds. I have used wet /dry vac

The repariman has not helped. I have a new one that saw light suds and he refused to run a diagnostic.. and he saw light suds because he did not wait for a few cycles to run.. finally I got him to order a part he said he ordered a control for it and a new detergent dispenser.

Yet if he and he is not acknowledging suds I now have Taken pictures of SUDS in and dated it. If he replaces parts and suds I will still have suds.
    This dishwasher is 1 year old and the warranty has ran out.. the manufacturer has granted me a free service call and parts.. and claims it is hard water
    Yet I know there is something more to this issue.

Have repeatedly hand washed my dishes and still washing them trying to get out cascade and the order. I know it is not cascade. It is something else that is causing this...

Can anyone help with this? I have to use the appliance manufacturer's repair people and I have had several and they have not listened to me..
    And am wondering if my dishes are safe to use ? I am throwing all the rubbermade out because it reaks of cascade
    Also.. besides wet/dry vac and the other things I have used that seem to help and then it does not help. I have ran this dishwaser with the afore mentioned methods at lest 50 times or more and soap. When it starts looking clear and I put more of any of the afore mentioned products in it to make sure it is allright
    I again get more soap
    joey4029 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by july27 View Post
    i have suds in the dishwasher. I have used wet/dry vac
    i have used vinegar, i have used alcohol, i have used cooking oil.
    all on the advice of the manufacurer and the detergent company too.
    yet suds. I have used wet /dry vac

the repariman has not helped. I have a new one that saw light suds and he refused to run a diagnostic.. and he saw light suds because he did not wait for a few cycles to run.. finally i got him to order a part he said he ordered a control for it and a new detergent dispenser.

yet if he and he is not acknowledging suds I now have Taken pictures of SUDS in and dated it. if he replaces parts and suds i will still have suds.
    this dishwasher is 1 year old and the warranty has ran out.. the manufacturer has granted me a free service call and parts..and claims it is hard water
    yet i know there is something more to this issue.

have repeatedly hand washed my dishes and still washing them trying to get out cascade and the order. i know it is not cascade. It is something else that is causing this...

can anyone help with this?? I have to use the appliance manufacturer's repair people and i have had several and they have not listened to me..
    and am wondering if my dishes are safe to use ? i am throwing all the rubbermade out because it reaks of cascade
    also.. besides wet/dry vac and the other things i have used that seem to help and then it does not help. i have ran this dishwaser with the afore mentioned methods at lest 50 times or more and soap. when it starts looking clear and i put more of any of the afore mentioned products in it to make sure it is allright
    i again get more soap
    Make sure the water is hot enough

Make sure the unit drains properly... the drain hose could be not routed properly,making the sink water(and soap) drain back into the dishwasher(it needs to be looped or air gap or 'up high'under the sink)

Try using a solid packet cube of detergent... see if it dissolves at the end of cycle

See if your neighbor has any trouble with hard water

And what model is this unit?

Jul 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joey4029 View Post
    make sure the water is hot enough

make sure the unit drains properly...the drain hose could be not routed properly,making the sink water(and soap) drain back into the dishwasher(it needs to be looped or air gap or 'up high'under the sink)

try using a solid packet cube of detergent ...see if it dissolves at the end of cycle

see if your neighbor has any trouble with hard water
    and make sure the unit is empty in the bottom when finished(a bad/weak drain pump)
    and what model is this unit?
    Let us all know

Jul 27, 2012, 08:21 PM
    Neighbor seems to think theirs is OK but says it runs too long
    Other neighbor says they cannot close the door on theirs well and it will not clean
    I know why it was not leveled when installed
    Same thing happened to me with this new house and my thoughts were that the non leveling may have caused something.. suds or blockage
    It is new house new dishwasher a little over 1 yr old
    Afraid to use packet at this point since I have so much soap already
    Felt the drain tube or what I think is the drain tube during a run of dishwasher again with no soap put in it and the part of the drain tube is warm but the part of the drain tube to the garbage disposal just feels normal not hot, not cold.

Jul 28, 2012, 07:38 AM
    Is the dishwasher empty of water at the beginning of a new dirty dish load?I'm thinking it either isn't draining,or it is getting soapy (and easily sudsy)backwater from the sink
    The unit must be empty of all water when done working
    Ask your water supplier if you are in a known hard water area.Truly hard water could affect the spray jets and drain pump/fill valve by clogging them with scale.
    You said that you tried vinegar,
    But,go and buy a bottle of "CLR" at a hardware store and follow the directions
    To clean out the inside working parts(run a cycle with CLR and no dishes or soap)
    I'll check back with you

Is there a sludge of soap in it?

And be positive you are using dishwasher soap,not dish soap... I know this sounds funny,but we cannot overlook anything
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2012, 09:55 AM
    Why would a repairman order a part when there is no indication that you need the part? That makes no sense at all because he would have had to run tests to see what is wrong; however, I doubt you need anything but cleaning it out with CLR and I would install an air gap (Available at: Buy Design House 522961 Dishwasher Air Gap - Oil Rubbed Bronze | MainFaucet). This will prevent any backflow problems which can keep your dishwasher from draining properly. You should also check out the filter before you do anything and check the drain and pump. Look at these: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Dis...ol-Kenmore.zip

Jul 28, 2012, 03:20 PM
    I have no idea this is the 4th repair visit 3 by some other company and 1 here..
    Because they refuse to listen to me
    Now I took pictures
    I was just about to pull the drain hose out and run the dish washer cycle with a bucket under it but someone told me it was OK because it looped...
    I simply do not know what to do and when ever that part comes in I will try again to tell him it is no good putting in new control part and dispenser when I am getting soap in the dishwasher without getting the soap out

And I wash them by hand over and over and see no excess soap and then put in dishwasher and soap

Am going now to re wash my dishes a g a I n

Jul 28, 2012, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drtom4444 View Post
    Why would a repairman order a part when there is no indication that you need the part? That makes no sense at all because he would have had to run tests to see what is wrong; however, I doubt you need anything but cleaning it out with CLR and I would install an air gap (Available at: Buy Design House 522961 Dishwasher Air Gap - Oil Rubbed Bronze | MainFaucet). This will prevent any backflow problems which can keep your dishwasher from draining properly. You should also check out the filter before you do anything and check the drain and pump. Look at these: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Dis...ol-Kenmore.zip
    What meter?? He refused to check anything with diagnostic and I have to use fridigare's repair people

Jul 28, 2012, 03:30 PM
    I have a fridigare the cheapest dishwasher they make not whirlpool or kenmore
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Buy a volt/ohm meter from Radio Shack or Home Depot. Any good digital meter will work. It does not matter what brand you have. You have to test all of them with a meter.
    kooolkat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2012, 10:02 AM
    I am having a similar problem with my kitchen faucet and my dishwasher. When I use my faucet I get suds coming from it and it fizzles, smells of chemicals and then dissapates. After several months, my 4th plumber told me that he believed the hot water heater anode rod was bad. I replaced my hot water heater yesterday. After examining the magnesium rod, it was partially gone and very corroded. I am still getting the soapy water but my plumber believes it will clear up. Check this out on internet regarding the rods. It was identical to the problem I am experiencing. I am hopeful that eventually the line will be free of this corrosion and my water will return to its former state. I have very hard water and apparently this can corrode the rod faster. Good luck - I know what you are going through.
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2012, 12:42 PM
    You need a water softener/filter to get rid of the problem. You will need a water test to see what the impurities are and fix the problem. The symptoms you gave me do not indicate that the problem comes solely from hard water. Are you near an old dump? You may not know about it because they tend to hide info about old dumps. I was near an old dump and the water smelled like ether. You may have to look into old county records or find an old timer who can tell you. There could also have been toxic wastes dumped where it got into the aquifer several miles upstream. In Florida we have underground rivers that pop up for a while and go back underground in limestone caves. The water is so clear it seems like you are floating on air when you are in the water. You can see the bottom at 100 feet depths. Where are you located?

Aug 23, 2012, 02:59 PM
    I live in upstate NY. My plumber showed me the rod - it definitely was corroded. I have been running my water and it actually appears to be better. I have city water and they have tested it when it first happened and they found nothing. Anode rods can cause the water to have a horrific odor. I am hopeful that this new heater will resolve my issue. Thanks for your input
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2012, 05:46 PM
    The anode rod is a more reactive metal meant to corrode faster than the other metals that are bonded electrically with the metals in the water heater. See: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.tutorvista.com/content/metals-non-metals/metals-reactivity-series.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://www.tutorvista.com/content/science/science-ii/metals-non-metals/reconcept-series-metals.php&h=371&w=253&sz=17&tbnid=yW6LlTgWWjsh1M: &tbnh=90&tbnw=61&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dreactivity%2Bof%2Bmetals%2Bchart%26tb m%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=reactivity+of+metals+c hart&usg=__ChgL7B0mUDOvh9lyMN7zKgKR1H4=&docid=gppI iTB2Rza8UM&sa=X&ei=rMs2UN-UGIb-8ASxtIGAAw&ved=0CD0Q9QEwBA&dur=81
    When different metals are bonded together galvanic action occurs that produces an electrical current and corrosion on the most reactive metal which becomes the anode. Front loading washing machines were built that had an aluminum spider gear on a stainless steel tub that corroded away in six months. See chart:
    Attached Images

Aug 26, 2012, 08:36 AM
    Did you ever get your problem resolved and if you did how was it resolved. I am having a problem with suds in my kitchen faucet - I also have a dishwasher. I just replaced the water heater because of a bad rod. When I stop using the water for an extended period, suds reappear. I have been told that everything is drained properly by 4 plumbers.
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
    Kooolkat, where do you live? What is the water like? When you have a bad rod in a water heater just get a new rod, unless more is damaged. You may need a water softener/filter.
    Rc60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2012, 09:50 AM
    We had the same problem with our KitchenAid dishwasher. We put CLR in both soap dispensers and ran it. Success! Thank you Joey4029!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suds in my dishwasher. [ 2 Answers ]

Our Mayag dishwasher is not getting our dishes and silverware clean. It seems to leave them with a soapy crust. We have run the dishwasher without any Cascade complete in the dispenser. We still have soap suds in the bottom of the dishwasher after 10 minutes of auto washing. We have run at least 10...

Suds in Dishwasher [ 13 Answers ]

I have a two year old Kitchenaid dishwasher that during the final rinse, I found suds in the bottom of the appliance this has been happening for several days. The suds are not coming from the detergent as I have checked several times during the wash cycle and there are no suds during the wash. I...

Suds staying in KitchenAid Dishwasher [ 0 Answers ]

KitchenAid Dishwasher (M#KUDM01TJBS1) leaves suds in the bottom of tub and on dishes. I ran it empty and still has suds in the bottom.

View more questions Search