Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momitch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 11:04 AM
    Kenmore 110.26912691 lid switch
    How can I replace the lid switch on a 110.26912691 washer?
    Motiger Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 06:51 PM
    Remove the plastic trim pieces on the outside ends of the control board. Remove the screws that are exposed, one at each end. Once the screws are removed you can lift the control board up and swing it backwards out of the way. Unplug the wired connections in the top of the lid, which is the connection for the switch you want to replace. There are two springs clips, one on either side. Use a flat head screwdriver to remove these springs clips. Put the head of the screwdriver in the leading edge, closest to the front of the machine. Push the handle of the screwdriver towards the back, whch should allow the spring clips to come out of the top of the washer. Once these are removed, the entire body of the machine will tilt forward and can be removed from the machine. Once removed, you can lay it on it's side and access the switch. Sounds like a lot, but I can take in apart in 5 minutes or less.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer switch lid repair details [ 1 Answers ]

How do you install the switch lid to the kenmore washer,what tools are needed and where is everything located? I need to replace the part that when you close the lid,the washer starts,the little button in the little hole on the lid area

Kenmore washer lid switch? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Kenmore washing machine - 19 or 20 years old! It has never given me any problems until now! It fills and agitates but won't drain or spin. It will drain and spin, though, if I stick a screwdriver into the little hole inside the washer's top opening. It's the hole that the little stick...

View more questions Search