Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bill49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 11:09 AM
    Kenmore fridge ice maker
    Dr Tom 4444
    Many thanks for your istructions which I followed but still no ice. Looks like water only to fridge, and is not getting to icemaker
    Any other thoughts
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2012, 10:35 PM
    There is a micro-switch in the icemaker that energizes the solenoid on the water valve to bring water to the icemaker and, of course, the water valve. You will need to test both of them. You should have from 1-3 kilo-ohms on the solenoid on water valve and when micro-switch is depressed it will go from infinity to zero on ohms. One has to be bad, or the diaphragm needs cleaning in the water valve. If you have lime in your water all it takes is a small piece of lime (or trash) to get into an orifice on the diaphragm and it will not open. You may have to disassemble the water valve and soak it in vinegar or Lime Away and clean it with an old toothbrush before re-assembling it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore fridge model970 ice maker not making ice [ 1 Answers ]

3 year old kenmore fridge model 970, icemaker in freezer just stopped working, Water getting to fridge but not to icemaker Bill

I have ice maker can 13 for a ge fridge. [ 1 Answers ]

Green light is on and I have checked the water intake and tthat is fine. When the icemaker comes on I get a sprtiz of water and a hiss of air but nothing else. It is the part where the water intake and the hose to the icemaker meet ?

Kenmore side-by-side fridge/freezer ice maker [ 4 Answers ]

15 yr old side-by-side fridge/freezer ice machine quit----have water to door but none in ice maker mold---wire is down---no noises/no nothing---old man on fixed income wants to save a $ if possible---what to check nefore the repair service is called?--thanks

Kenmore side by side fridge ice maker isn't producing ice [ 2 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.5896 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still blinking...

GE Fridge GSL25 Ice Maker Died at age 2 [ 1 Answers ]

My fridge has aN ice maker that seems to have died. I unplugged it and restarted and the solenoid in the back started going nuts, cycling through over and over. I called someone but I need a quick answer before I pay through the nose. The whole board looks like a one piece in the back and I may...

View more questions Search