Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meltingmanda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 08:07 PM
    GFCI outlet suddenly stopped working
    I had a space heater plugged into a gfci in my kitchen and the heater shut off suddenly. I assumed it had tripped the outlet so I did the test and reset on the outlet. No dice. I checked all the breakers, they were still on. I even switched them off then back on. Still no juice. I assumed a wire had come loose from the outlet since I had my current/voltage tester and no power was dectected in the outlet. I pulled the outlet out and all three wires; hot, neutral and ground were securely attached. I removed the outlet and tested the bare wires coming through the wall. There is no power there, either! I'm stumped. All other outlets are working. Any ideas?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2011, 03:02 PM
    Where is the power source for this outlet? Is it direct from the breaker or from another source? Pull all the outlets in the kitchen and look for a burned or disconnected wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My brother's water suddenly stopped working in his house. [ 6 Answers ]

His outdoor spigot works, but none of the plumbing inside works. We dug up the water lines and found that the galvanized pipe going to the shut off valve was broken (before the valve). We decided to play it safe, so we replaced all of the water line going to the house. Before hooking the new line...

Electrical outlet nor working gfci [ 2 Answers ]

I have an exterior electrical outlet that is not working, (gfci), however I was trouble shooting the outlet and I came across that two outlets in that circuit are not working.. here is the scenario; I placed the electrical tester on the wires and what is confusing to me is that when I placed my...

Keyboard suddenly stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

I was typing too quickly on my small laptop keyboard, I don't know which key or combination of keys I typed but all of a sudden the keyboard didn't work anymore. I'm using a newly bought (about 3 months) Lenovo X61 and I was nowhere near the function key and the NumLock. I don't get any strange...

Track lighting suddenly stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

I had to move a previously installed and working track about 18inches from it's original position. I tested it in it's new position and it worked. I screwed it to the ceiling and it didn't work. Took it apart, put it back together. Nothing. There is power to the feed connector but none of the...

Ceiling Fan suddenly stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

We have a ceiling fan that stop working. It is only about 1 1/2 years old. It won't turn on by the remote or light switch. What should I do?

View more questions Search