Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ESCO.WILLIE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 10:27 AM
    Rusted air conditioner coil?
    Small ac unit front coil freezes every time its switched on cool... furthermore bottom of front coil and back rusted severely.having drainage problems also... is ac worth fixing?will it be expensive to fix?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2011, 12:33 PM
    Assuming you are talking about a window unit (yes or no) it will cost more to fix than its worth. If you can get it to hold together long enough it probably needs to be taken apart and cleaned real good,the inside,the part you can`t see is what gets so dirty and causes the circulation to be very poor,and this causes the freezing up,, you can buy a good 8,000 BTU window unit for under $200.00
    JonesHVAC Posts: 173, Reputation: 12

Oct 19, 2011, 05:29 PM
    Yeah, I agree here. It will be cheaper to by a new window unit if that is the correct assumption... Can you post a brand and model for us so we know what we're dealing with? Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Conditioner won't get cold, yet water leaks from air conditioner [ 4 Answers ]

Air conditioner is turned on, but it will not cool. Water leaks

Cat hair on air conditioner coil [ 2 Answers ]

Can I use my air compressor to clean cat hair from the air coils on my air conditioning unit ?

Need to Replace GE Fan Motor for outside York air conditioner air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

The motor model number is 5KCP39EG IT IS A HP 1/4, VOLT 208/230, rpm 1075, hz 60-50 pHASE 1. Are they making this motor anywhere? If so where? Thanks

Outside Air Conditioner Unit Runs When The Air Conditioner Is Switched Off [ 4 Answers ]

We bought a Panasonic split system inverter air conditioner (7.4kw) brand new over Christmas so it is only a couple of months old. We had it installed by a qualified air conditioner installer and everything works perfectly as it should. However we have noticed recently that when the air conditioner...

A/C pan rusted and leaks, coil rusted [ 3 Answers ]

I have just been told that my pan is rusted out and dripping into an aux. pan and that my coil is rusted and I should get a new unit. I was told that in 2010 freon regulations will change and if I just change the coil and then I need freon, I will have to replace the coil again to conform to the...

View more questions Search