Ask
    peterz123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2011, 09:23 AM
    Insinkerator model 17 won't stop
    Model 17 will not stop unless unplugged
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2011, 10:52 AM
    Your switch that switches that outlet its plugged into is bad and needs replaced. These will ALL run as long as they have power to them at the plug.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 11, 2011, 12:06 PM
    This model has a batch feed switch, right? I have never installed one with a plug on it, tell us more about how this is installed and wired. http://www.insinkerator.com/pdf/H532.pdf
    puffmugs Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Sep 11, 2011, 01:59 PM
    Ballengerb is correct, this is a batch feed that turns on and off with the contacts on the disposal stopper, it will not run without the turning the stopper in the top of the disposal. I have seen them wired with a plug into a wall outlet but never working off a wall switch. I would think switch in the disposal top is either stuck in the on position or broke in the on position. The disposal should not run without making contact with the stopper when it is turned to start the disposal. Try calling insinkerator service at 1-800-558-5700 they may be able to give you a answer to your question.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 11, 2011, 10:41 PM
    In addition to the above advices: look under the sink. There is a Crescent like shaped attachment on the collar of the disposer. It is hand-snapped onto the collar. See if you can un-snapped it and snap it back onto the collar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crosley model number CAWC529PQ1 lights won't stop blinking [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have a portable crosley washing machine model number CAWC529PQ1 all the lights are blinking unable to start machince select cycle, water level or wash size any ideas

I have an insinkerator model #1-83. It works fine but there is an awful smell under [ 0 Answers ]

I have an insinkerator disposal #1-83 - it works fine but there is the most awful smell coming from under the sink - I have flushed it with baking soda and hot water with no good result. Ideas?

17 insinkerator [ 1 Answers ]

My insinkerator works but makes a load noise, as if a bottle cap was in it, but nothing is there. When I use the supplied wrench and I move it back and fore rapidly it makes a similar noise. Could it be a bearing? Any suggestions? Does it have to comeout? Thank you

Insinkerator model 1-83 [ 1 Answers ]

My insinkerator (Badger model 1-83) just hums. The reset button is not out. An Allen wrench in the bottom moves freely. Water does not flow. I there a fix for this?

Insinkerator model 17 [ 0 Answers ]

Something is caught in my disposal. I suspect metal. I can barely turn the allen socket under the unit. Is there a way to open the unit or is it sealed? Thanks, David

View more questions Search