Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sl6449 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2011, 08:32 AM
    Whirlpool dryer shuts off after a few minutes
    "I have a Whirlpool Dryer Model # LER5636JQ0. I moved it out from the wall to check the hose and make sure it was clean. It was. After I moved it back the dryer started shutting off Mid cycle. It would start back up. Now it shuts off after about 5 minutes but will start back up again. It does get hot. If I run it on a fluff only cycle it runs to the end.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2011, 05:53 AM
    Your drier is full of lint and dirt buildup. You have to totally disassemble it and clean everything well and wash out parts that can be washed out like ducts and blower fan. The buildup is like concrete and takes some hard work to remove, and it will cause a fire. This has been the number one cause of house fires in the US which is why driers have better, but not foolproof, safeties to shut it off when it is clogged. Make sure to take everything apart because the part you miss will cause problems later. Also, buy a belt (about $5.00)and some white lithium grease (high-temp grease) for the bearings on drum and rollers. Vacuum out motor and wash out all other parts. Let dry before running. Look on YouTube for directions on how to do this.( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OagsWyGVsc) There are many videos showing ways to do this on every model. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore he4 electric dryer runs for a few minutes and shuts off. [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore he4 electric dryer runs for a few minutes and shuts off. After 10 minutes or so, I can run it again and it shuts off again.

Why does my whirlpool dryer turn itself off after 10 minutes [ 1 Answers ]

My dryer only turns itself off when in a heat mode... not fluff. I don't think it is the motor. Any suggestions?

Kenmore gas dryer gets hot for a few minutes, then shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I have a Kenmore 80 series gas dryer that is about 5 or 6 years old. When starting to drya load, the burner comes on and everything seems to work like normal. After about 5 or 6 minutes, the burner shuts itself off and there is suddenly no heat. I've checked the air flow in the vents,...

View more questions Search