Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alabala1131 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 07:55 AM
    My toilet overfills
    First off, I'm a woman, so make it simple. Second, the water is overfilling. I opened the tank and after I flush it, it keeps filling until it overflows and then it starts draining through some tube, so I have to hit the flushing button or whatever you call it to release some of the water. How can I adjust the level of filling, or is there another way to fix this? Thanks :)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2011, 07:27 PM

You can adjust the float ball that is on a metal rod. Bend it very gently downward and then carefully flush the toilet and see how far down the water is when it does stop running. If you've carefully bent it enough the float ball will shut the water off at the proper level.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 26, 2011, 07:49 PM

This is either a malfunctioning fill vale or a poor fill level adjustment. Most fill valves no longer have a metal/brass float arm but newer ones have adjust meant screws. Which picture looks like your valve? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/attach...p_image001.jpg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The toilet tank overfills [ 15 Answers ]

When I moved into my home 4 years ago I found the toilet tank to always be filling to the top and dripping into shaft in the middle. I tried adjusting the ball so it would not do that, but it still filled to the top. I replaced the guts thinking maybe that was the problem. The new guts did the same...

Toilet Tank overfills, makes noises [ 4 Answers ]

When I flush, the toilet tank overfills above the siphon mechanism, which makes a pulsing swishing sound. I turned the water off at the wall, but when I turn it back on, the siphon mechanism makes loud pulsing noises again and the water heater in the closet about 50 feet away makes loud pulsing...

Icemaker ice mold overfills [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore sxs model 1069552812 refrigerator and the icemaker ice mold keeps overfilling. Any suggestions??

Toilet overfills+ tub fills with water= total disaster [ 7 Answers ]

:( :( :( My bathroom is a mess! For the past month our toilet has been making gargling sounds and lots of bubbles. We paid no attention to it, so now it overfilled. We also noticed that when we wash at home, all the dirty water fills our bath tub and our toilet simultaneously makes these...

Toilet Overfills and leaks out the flusher handle! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a girl who lives alone and has no handyman skills. Recently my toilet started leaking and I thought the tank was broken, but when I opened the back it was filled way above where its supposed to be. I tried to reset the filler indicator thing, but it still fills too high. Does anyone...

View more questions Search