Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jacksonsgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 06:15 PM
    Gas furnace leaking water
    I have an old Coleman gas furnace and water is leaking at the base - rusty water. What's causing this, and how do I fix the problem? Thank you!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2011, 09:20 AM
    If this is a gas only furnace with no AC or humidifier, the water could be from water vapor condensation from combustion products or from a leaking roof vent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a slight issue with my gas water heater. It's a AO Smith 32.75 gallon type. All of a sudden, water is coming out of the relief valve pipe. I have placed a coffee can there, and I have to empty it out every few hours now. Im not sure where to turn for this one, as I have...

Water Leaking from Gas Furnace [ 0 Answers ]

There is a copper pipe attached to my gas furnace, why does it leak water?

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas water heater (50 gallon) in the garage. There are three openings on top of the tank (roof or the top surface of the tank). One is for cold water pipe, one for hot water pipe and the third one is a valve with flip style. Today I noticed water on the floor of the garage. Hot water...

Water leaking from gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I found water, or liquid leaking from my gas furnace. What can this be? Recently we had a repair man come, he replaced an igniotor. The furnace is 7 years old. HELP!

Gas furnace leaking water [ 3 Answers ]

Discovered water pooling out on to floor and dripping from within furnace--seemingly coming from furnace vent... there is quite a bit of rust that has formed which leads me to think its been going on for a while within the furnace but was not noticed till now after heavy rains, and the pooling...

View more questions Search