Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jgerhard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 05:07 PM
    Suds in my dishwasher.
    Our Mayag dishwasher is not getting our dishes and silverware clean. It seems to leave them with a soapy crust. We have run the dishwasher without any Cascade complete in the dispenser. We still have soap suds in the bottom of the dishwasher after 10 minutes of auto washing. We have run at least 10 cycles on auto wash without any soap and still have suds in the bottom. We put vinegar in the dishwasher at our vendors request ran a ycle and still soapy crust on our items. They also sold us a product called Dishwasher magic and ran that through. Still have suds in the dishwasher when we ran the next cycle. PLEASE HELP ANY SUGGESTIONS?? We've had this Maytag for approximately 10 years and it has always performed very well.
    Thanks for your prompt attention,

Jim
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2011, 08:07 PM

Please don't post your email address. It's against the rules of AHMD.

Sounds like your water isn't hot enough - I know it sounds strange BUT I had the same problem when my hot water tank was failing.

I think you need to run it empty until there are no more suds and then I'd change detergent and check the hot water.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 20, 2011, 08:23 PM

Was Casacde the washer detergent you used before the problem started? I would also check the washer drain. Most connect to a sink drain or disposal under the sink. Fill your washer and let it cycle but disconnect the drin tube and direct into a 5 gallon bucket. When the washer drains it should partially fill the bucket in about 10 seconds. Come back tomorrow and tell us how long it took for yours to drain. Check you hot water temp at the sink, Judy may have something here too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suds in Dishwasher [ 13 Answers ]

I have a two year old Kitchenaid dishwasher that during the final rinse, I found suds in the bottom of the appliance this has been happening for several days. The suds are not coming from the detergent as I have checked several times during the wash cycle and there are no suds during the wash. I...

Suds ? [ 1 Answers ]

First time suds showed up and the cycle will not complete? Why? What is the next step?

Suds staying in KitchenAid Dishwasher [ 0 Answers ]

KitchenAid Dishwasher (M#KUDM01TJBS1) leaves suds in the bottom of tub and on dishes. I ran it empty and still has suds in the bottom.

Water/suds coming out the front of dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

My Whirlpool Quiet Wash Plus dishwasher (about 7 yrs old) starts to dispel water and suds out the front after running a few minutes. Seems to be coming out more on the ends. What could be causing this?

Water/suds coming out the front of dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool Quiet Wash Plus dishwasher (about 7 yrs old) dispels water and suds out the front after running a few minutes. Seems to be coming out more on the ends. What could be causing this?

View more questions Search