Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mgvlaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2004, 02:14 PM
    Broken electric lawn mower belt
    I have an old Craftsman electric mower. I do not know model number, but it is 12 amp and 18 inch deck (with 2 blades not 1). It is a push mower, not self-propelled and it is side discharge. I snapped a belt (which drives one of the blades) and cannot get a replacement. The belt has the following part numbers but Sears says they are not the right ones: 047-008871 and 058U. I need to find out a part number for a replacement belt and where to purchase. Also, the model number of my mower would be helpful and maybe an online copy of owners manual. Thanks.
    413617 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2004, 10:18 AM
    I have the same broken electric crafsman lawn mower belt. No belt available from Sears. Have you found one, please?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2004, 07:03 PM
    Re: broken electric lawn mower belt
    If you have much left of the old belt, take it to a hardware or automotive store and make the best match. Otherwise measure the diameters of the pulleys and the distance the centers are apart and take the dimensions to a good hardware or automotive place. It may not be easy to find, but there are places that have knowledgeable help and will take the time to help somebody with a problem. Also see if the pulleys are marked A, B, 5L or something like that. That relates to how much the V in the V-belt is.

Don't let anyone talk you into giving up and buying a gas mower. I a struggling right now finding a 36 volt charger for my 1973 Electrak.
    413617 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2004, 01:01 PM
    Thank you very much. I'll check out some automotive supply stores.
    vancenhinzn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mgvlaw
    I have an old Craftsman electric mower. I do not know model number, but it is 12 amp and 18 inch deck (with 2 blades not 1). It is a push mower, not self-propelled and it is side discharge. I snapped a belt (which drives one of the blades) and cannot get a replacement. The belt has the following part numbers but Sears says they are not the right ones: 047-008871 and 058U. I need to find out a part number for a replacement belt and where to purchase. Also, the model number of my mower would be helpful and maybe an online copy of owners manual. Thanks.
    9 inch Twin blade sunbeam electric mower has those belts you can buy online at abtecparts.com 14.99
    hoya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mgvlaw
    Old lawn mower part number o47 00871 need cross reference make and number please thanks
    vancenhinzn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 03:35 AM
    [QUOTE=vancenhinzn]9 inch Twin blade sunbeam electric mower has those belts you can buy online at abtecparts.com 14.99.
    Go to abtecparts.com, go to sumbeam, go to electric mowers, go to 9 inch double blade single chute it will show 3/8" cogged belt. The part number is 02XSBM8871c no way to cross reference but the belts I took off this mower had the number 047-008871 on belt so I went and found sunbeam parts found belt and ordered.
    majik1019 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 10:11 AM
    I just found it at abtecparts.com. I have a sunbeam twin blade mower as well. Hope this helps.
    Paula
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 05:13 PM
    If anyone has this type of problem in the future, a NAPA auto parts store is usually helpful. They can cross reference the numbers and usually match it with one of their belts, and if its not in stock, they can usually have it the next day.
    pawingthru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 04:59 PM
    Just go to eBay and put in "047 008871" it will bring you to the belts of your dream

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Changing drive belt on MTD Yardbug mower [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Mtd Yardbug mower, and need to know how to change the upper drive belt. It appears the belt was laid down, then the mower was built around it.

Lawn mower help [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 18.5 poulan pro 42" 2 years old. It will start but no matter what I do it kills, like hitting the kill switch. If I let out the clutch, even in neutral it kills. Engage blades or anything it kills. And the weirdest thing is that the kill switch in the seat doesn't kill it. I really...

Broken lawn mower cord [ 4 Answers ]

I own a murray lawnmower with a briggs and stratton motor. The problem is my dogs chewed through the cord on it so I have to take apart the engine to fix it. Will I have to drain the fluids and how would I do that. I tried to get maintenance tips forn their website but there is nothing about...

Broken electric lawnmower [ 6 Answers ]

Tonight when I was out moving my lawn, my electric mower started to emit a smell of burning rubber and started to smoke, also, the rumble of the engine went from its usual deep, loud roar to a shriller quieter whir. I use a Craftsman 19in. Electric Lawnmower. I was wondering if anyone has any...

View more questions Search