Ask
    cstum7018 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2011, 01:04 PM
    Kenmore elite dishwasher model 665.16293400
    Door will not open properly. Falls down
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2011, 01:39 PM
    If the door "falls down" the door return springs are either disconnected or broken. Remove the bottom panel and you should see the springs at the door corners or at least that's where they should be. They are about $7-8 each. One end connectrs to a door bracket and the other to the DW frame.
    Applianceaid Posts: 7, Reputation: 2
    -

Mar 20, 2011, 09:17 AM
    Hello,

This model has a very common issue. The link cable that connects the spring to the door hinge breaks. This thin cord will often rub on the side of the cabinet and fray.

You can purchase a new link kit from the parts link below.

Kenmore Dishwasher Link Kit

The dishwasher needs to be pulled forward enough to hook the spring and cable back together. One end of the spring connects to the rear frame of the dishwasher and the other end connects to the link cable. The link cable goes around the pulley on the side and rests on the end of the hinge. I know this unit well and can answer any repair related question you have on it.

Appliance & Refrigerator Repair
    Mstockton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Applianceaid View Post
    Hello,

This model has a very common issue. The link cable that connects the spring to the door hinge breaks. This thin cord will often rub on the side of the cabinet and fray.

You can purchase a new link kit from the parts link below.

Kenmore Dishwasher Link Kit

The dishwasher needs to be pulled forward enough to hook the spring and cable back together. One end of the spring connects to the rear frame of the dishwasher and the other end connects to the link cable. The link cable goes around the pulley on the side and rests on the end of the hinge. I know this unit well and can answer any repair related question you have on it.

Appliance & Refrigerator Repair
    Hi... I picked replacement parts for mine today, broken cord, plastic hanger, etc... butvim at a loss to determine where to hook back end of hook... there are notched cutouts in middle of frame but then cord is too slack and might even slip off spring... and if I'm to use hole in very back corner of frame it seems like spring tension with door closed will still be under great force (not even sure I can connect it if I use that hole)... that this would be easy part... completely stumped... are you able to help?. much thanks, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Model 665 1376 2K600 kenmore elite ultra wash dishwasher won't pump water [ 0 Answers ]

I have Model 665 1376 2K600 kenmore elite ultra wash dishwasher. When I press the start button I hear the pump start but no water enteres the washer. After a short time the washer stops and then tries again. I have verified that the water supply is available to the first component (looks like an...

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Model 665.15979 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore Elite model dishwasher and the Lock On light is flashing. I have attempted to press the No Heat Dry / Lock Off button to turn off the Lock On feature (in accordance with the owners manual) but nothing happens. The only button on the control panel that works is the Drain / Cancel...

Kenmore Elite 665 dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

Quick Rinse button flashing

Kenmore Elite Model 665 Dishwasher won't Start [ 5 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore Elite Model 665.15952 (or 15953/15954/15959) Dishwasher. After six months of not using the dishwasher, whenever one presses the "Start" (or any other) button, only the "Quick Rinse" light blinks on and off. There is no sound, and no dish washing. I've turned off the house...

View more questions Search