Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmag47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 09:36 AM
    Defrost cyc
    I have a goodman heating and air condition system,and lately the heat pump has gone
    Into the defrost cycle. I had a tech come out and serviced the unit and was fine until
    Today. This thing has been in the defrost cycle for over an hour and a half,and the
    Temperature outside is 41 . Is this normal to cycle this long? What should I do?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2006, 06:32 PM
    No that seems much to long. It depends on if that model is time or demand defrost to tell you if it is a board or a thermostat in the outside unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Conditioner very noisy on defrost [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier 2 1/2 ton heat pump air conditioner. When the heat is on and it goes into the defrost cycle there is a very load humming and/or vibrating sound that last up to 15 seconds. When it comes out of defrost I hear the same sound for about 4 or 5 seconds. Is this normal? I have never...

Mirror Defrost 2000 Ram [ 1 Answers ]

The mirrors do not defrost. I checked fuse panel, nothing labeled for mirrors. Cigarette lighter fuse burnt out, changed, still no mirror defrost. When I activate the defrost function the light adjacent button comes on, indicating system is working?? I live in Maine and do not park in garage. ...

Buzzing Defrost Relay on Trane Unit [ 1 Answers ]

My Trane unit, VR724E100A0 has been giving be trouble. The fan wouldn't hardly run and I was hearing a faint buzzing noise. It would act like it was trying to run, then slow down, speed up, repeat & finally stop. Turning by hand didn't help. I installed a new run capicator for fan and the fan...

View more questions Search