Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdmann22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 10:28 PM
    GE Dryer Doesn't Dry Fast Enough
    I just bought a GE Washer and Dryer Set at a Real Estate Auction, the set looks fairly new. The Dryer does get warm but never fully dry's my clothes. I have to put it though 2 50 min cycles. I was reading about a piolit Light, but I could really use some help
    Thanks
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 27, 2006, 02:58 AM
    Electric Dryer not heating properly:

Take the following steps:

Pull the front cover off the dryer and inspect the area under the drum for lint buildup, as well as the blower assembly, and the exaust hose. Many times, a clogged exaust system can cause inefficent dryer heating, resulting in longer heating times, thermister failures etc.

If the dryer is clean from lint, then you will need to check the heating circuit.

Is the element energizing? If so, then the element is good, you may have a faulty thermistor, thermostat, or high limit.

If you change the element, it may come with a replacement high limit.

You can check each of these components with a continutiy check. (set your meter to ohm) Closed should read 0.0-0.9 ohms. Small resistances may be okay. If you receive a questionable resistance, post it here.

The preferred mothod of troubleshooting is with live voltage on the machine. This can be dangerous for obvious reasons.

To check the element, place both meter leads on both sided of the element, you should read 220-240 volts. If you read voltage at the element and the element is not heating, replace the element, it is faulty.

Reference one lead of your meter to the opposite potential, (L2) and check the terminals of the thermostat, high limit, and timer, according to the wiring diagram. If you need help with these test points, please use the attachment feature and post a copy of your wiring diagram. When checking for voltages. As soon as you lose your voltage, you have found your problem, you must determine why that component isn't closing. It could be a normal function of the component. For instance, if the t-stat is satisfied, then it will be open.

If you have any additional questions, please post back.

Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer does not dry in Auto Dry mode [ 23 Answers ]

My Maytag dryer works well in the Timed Dry mode but in the Auto Dry mode it runs forever and does not dry well. In the Timed Dry mode it produces plenty of heat and works fine. What is happening in the Auto Dry mode that does not make the heat properly get to a level that allows the clothes to...

My Maytag Dryer doesn't dry my clothes? [ 3 Answers ]

My dryer don't dry my clothes... it doesn't get hot.

Kenmore Dryer, slow to dry [ 2 Answers ]

I have a electric Kenmore Heavy Duty, Super Capacity Dryer, Model # 110.60602990, Type # DWJR-ELE-2406028-FM54. I bought this dryer used a few months ago. It is about 4 years old (I was told) but wasn't used for the past 3 years, due to a living situation. My dryer takes a LONG time to heat. ...

New dryer not drying fast enough [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I bought new dryer, whirpool AWZ 7813, condensed dryer, because I have small laundry room, so I put the drye above the washing machine... anyways... this dryer takes long time to dry... I don't know why... every time I make drying I empty the water from it and clean the filter... but I...

Kenmore dryer-not dry enough [ 3 Answers ]

I have a kenmore HE2 electric dryer that does not dry clothes completely. Usually have to run the clothes through twice in order to get it dry. Much thanks in advance

View more questions Search