Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandyb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 10:53 AM
    Clothes dryer
    My kenmore dryer isn't getting hot to dry clothes
    samyer Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Dec 22, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Usually if the drier isn't getting hot but it turns and is running then it means that the heating element has opened up. They're not difficult to change but if you don't know anything about electricity then get an electrician to help. The heating unit is typically a metal housing about 2' long and has the heating coil inside of it. They do burn out but they're not too expensive.
    candykitten70 Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Dec 22, 2006, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandyb
    my kenmore dryer isnt getting hot to dry clothes
    Check vent hose for restriction. Remove the hose and see if dryer heats up without it. If not, then check thermal fuse or thermostat.
    wizardsmp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 08:02 AM
    Comment on candykitten70's post
    Hi,
    This is helpful for my situation, thank you. I have a Gas dryer, it is a Maytag from 1992, do you have an idea where the thermostat would be and how to check it? I think I know where the thermal fuse is and how to check it.
    Thanks for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squeaky Clothes Dryer [ 118 Answers ]

My dryer makes these brutal high pitch squeaking sounds. Does anyone know what might be causing it and how to fix it? It`s about a 5 year old Frigidaire Thx

Clothes dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Dryer runs fine but doesn't heat Thermal fuse? Or heating element?

Clothes dryer that squeals [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool dryer still works fine. But, it began sometimes squealing while it ran. I could open & close the door & it would stop. But, as I have done a few more loads it has gotten worse & now does it constantly. Everything still seems to be working just fine. Any ideas? Or, is it time to call...

Squeaky Clothes Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Whirpool Model #DDE6500GALAD. I have removed the back access panel and can see the drum belt and two pulley wheels through which the belt is threaded. I do not see any way to tighten the belt or do not know how to replace the belt if it needs replacing. Any ideas??

View more questions Search