Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Majyk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 07:02 PM
    My home is 88 degrees and I can not cool if off until late night time
    We have changed thermostat, blower motor, added freon multiple times. I keep new floor fan on, keep ceiling fans on, drapes and blinds drawn. It has been over 100 degrees for several weeks. The A/C temp is set at 75 degrees. It continuely runs without cooling off home. The air from vent measures 69-71 using metal thermo that can be inserted into vent. No one can tell me what the problem may be. I think it is due to old unit. It is the Original unit from 1985. Apt says it because it hot outside and I am on 2nd floor. I lived in Texas all my life and I can not remember my home being 88 degrees inside on all those Hot Summer Days in Texas. They say there is nothing else they can do to fix problem. I am miserable - any suggestions will be helpful.
    Majyk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 07:08 PM

In addition today, Black charcoal looking bits came out of vent and now mold has begun building on vent. The home sometimes feel moist and humid inside. They said it was burning dust. Mold is normal and can not see any in duct where they removed the vent and took it with them. They will put a replacement back up tomorrow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late night movies on ZEE MGM in late 90s n early 2000 [ 9 Answers ]

I need to know the name list of all those movies shown on ZEE MGM at late night hours in india on TV : like hot bubble gums ,wild orchids ,female perversions ,dominos ,etc And if possible the download links to them All those adult movies on zee MGM late night in india back in late 1990s...

Names of late night movies in zee mgm in late 90's and early 2000 [ 5 Answers ]

I want all the list of names of late night movies in zee mgm in late 90's and early 2000

Honeywell RTH221 thermostat is set @ 74 degrees at night, but only goes to 72. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a honeywell RTH221, I run the schedule wake, sleep and leave. I want my temp set at all around 73 degrees and for some reason dips to 62 degrees in the middle of the night before turning on again, during the day it drops from 73 degree dipping to 67 degree before turning on again! Is that...

C&l unit,total elec. When heat is on.. at night blow cool air an does not heat home [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in my home now for 6mths and my unit is brand new. During the day unit heats my home but at night when the temp has dropped it blows cool air and does not heat the home. What is wrong with it? My air conditioner works fine... it's just the heat.

View more questions Search