Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VERONICA71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 02:22 PM
    Frigidaire refrigerator water dispenser ,dispersing water on its on on and off
    My frigidaire refrigerator water dispenser, disperses water on its on when not in use. What can cause this?
    Vincent08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 05:01 PM
    I'll start with a question to you. Is it dispensing water on its own, out of the water disperser, only when you hear the Ice maker valve function or is it constant? Mine would seep water out of the dispenser after I poured a glass of water and or the ice maker would use water. Not much, a few drops at first but it kept getting worse. I found out that there was a lime build-up in the dual solenoid water valve. To get to this valve, gain access to the back bottom of your fridge. Shut the water supply and pull the power cord. Remove the cardboard cover, disconnect all tubes connected to the valve unit and pull the electric plugs. Remove the 2 metal screws holding the valve assembly and pull it straight out (the other end of the valve assy is held by a key hole type slot). Now that you have the valves out, blow in the supply inlet and you should see if one of these valve is not making a perfect seal. Once you have this figured out, it is time to fix it. The valve are a sealed unit and opening them would wreck them but you don't need to take them apart. A replacement valve assy will set you back a $100 but there should be no need for a new valve. Not much in there can break. Just pour a little CLR or Lime out in the inlet and use a small tooth pick to push and release the valve plunger in and out. Put as much liquid as you can fit in and let it stand for a few hours until the calcium has dissolved. Work the plunger again to free the big stuff, rinse it all and blow to confirm that the seal is now perfect. Put it back together (easy, all the lines are colour coded. Make sure you don't have a leak and push your fridge back in its spot. Voilą! P.S While you are in there, you may want to vacuum the condenser and all the dust you will see. You should have no shortage of dust... :)

Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FRIGIDAIRE FRS20ZRG Refrigerator Water Dispenser [ 3 Answers ]

FRIGIDAIRE FRS20ZRG Water Dispenser? My FRIGIDAIRE Refrigerator Model FRS20ZRG in-the-door water dispenser's output has significantly slowed. The problem has evolved to now also effect the ice maker's ice production. When I removed the water filter the flow at the dispenser in the door returned...

Frigidaire refrigerator water dispenser leak [ 0 Answers ]

I have a frigidaire fridge model GLHS66EEW5 whenever I use the water dispenser.Water actually goes into the cup but also winds up spraying my fingers and a decent amount of water winds up on the protection tray also. Please help.

Hooking up water line to refrigerator for ice maker and water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my problem, I just bought a refrigerator that has an ice maker and water dispenser which by the way is a Haier PRCS25. I then purchased an ice maker kit from the hardware which came with a self piercing saddle valve. From here I connected the valve to a 3/4" copper cold line pipe...

Frigidaire Refrigerator model GLRS267ZAB4 Shelves and Ice/Water dispenser issues [ 1 Answers ]

Help! The supports for the shelves in my Frigidaire refrigerator have broken, making the refrigerator side nearly unusable. Is there any way I can fix these things without calling in an expensive repair tech to do it for me? I need to replace three shelf supports, two of which are for the...

View more questions Search