Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Hellish Squeal from the dryer
    I have a maytag neptune dryer and the sound it make is a blood curddling squeal. Does anyone know if this is a diy project or do I need to make a service call? HELP!
    lea11173 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 08:38 AM

Chances are your ball bearings that turn the drum need to be lubed, or you need new ball bearings. The only way to tell is to take front off and look. Make sure strap around drum is in place. I turned it on to see where noice was coming from and noticed it was from the back. I then unplugged it and gently pulled drum forward w/o dislodging it from motor and put some grease paste into ball bearing area and put everything back into place. That took care of the awful noice mine was making.
    I had some help from a neighbor. So I suggest have someone to help you if your doing it yourself. Im not a expert just someone who can't afford the costly repair bills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Dryer squeak and squeal - eats my clothes [ 6 Answers ]

Need to troubleshoot my 'clothes eating' GE dryer that's makes an awful squeak and squeal ~ about 10 yrs old ~ what could be the cause and how do I fix it??

Dryer squeal [ 4 Answers ]

Every time I start my dryer it squeals for about 3-5 minutes, yet runs normal. It is a very high pitched earpiercing squeal, so loud you can't stand to be in the room with it. I think it's the idler pulley but don't want to order parts until I'm sure. Anybody have any experience with this problem?

Compressor squeal [ 2 Answers ]

88 gmc van 6.2 diesel I changed my system to 134 Rebuilt compressor New accumulator At idle compressor works good and cold Soon as I rev up compressor squeals Anybody have any suggestion

View more questions Search