Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennjames33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 12:03 PM
    Kenmore dryer drum stops turning after it runs for a while
    I have an older Kenmore 80 Series dryer. The drum stops turning after it runs for a while (5-10 minutes). It sounds like the motor is still trying to run before a safety switch shuts it off. After I let it rest for a while it starts running again. The belt is still in tact but looks old but has no significant cracks. If it is the motor, how much would that cost to replace?
    Tarponman Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2009, 02:30 PM

This does sound like a motor problem. If you can remove the front panel, it usually has two clips one on each side of the top, I do it with a putty knife. After the motor has run, unplug the washer, and feel the top of the motor for heat. It seems that it is shutting off internally because of an overload. Motors range in price, call your service department or call Kenmore, they probably have a toll free number. You will need the model number and make when calling. It may not be worth working on, with the age of your washer- they normally last 11 to 15 years depending on the usage. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Dryer - heats & runs but stops mid-cycle [ 12 Answers ]

I have been trying to figure out what exactly is up with our Kenmore dryer. We bought it new in 1997 and it has run like a champ till now. It still heats up and the drum still tumbles. In the regular drying cycle - you set the timer for 60 minutes and about 15 minutes into the cycle, the dryer...

Dryer stops turning when changes direction [ 0 Answers ]

Hello I have a Fisher & Paykel Dryer Model No: ED55AU. The dryer keeps stopping when it changes direction and you need to shift the load before it will restart. It doesn't matter how many clothes you have in it the dryer continues to stop. What do I need to do

Drum not turning on my dryer [ 0 Answers ]

I need some help. The drum on my dryer suddenly stopped turning while drying a load... I have checked the belt on it and it is in tact. The dryer turns on, heats up and the blower blows... I have a Kenmore Electric dryer model #110.60602990. I need help! I'm a single mom and have a mountain of...

Dryer drum not turning, motor trying to turn, shuts off [ 6 Answers ]

Dryer drum stuck not turning. 10 year plus old Whirlpool electric dryer, model LER7646EQ1. Drum is struck, not turning. Motor is humming trying to run, then cuts off.

Dryer Drum not turning [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool electric dryer model# LEC8858EQ1. The dryer drum has stopped turning. I hear the motor and see the heating element inside glowing, but the drum won't move. I can turn it by hand. Is this a broken belt or gear, or something else? Thanks in advance Howard

View more questions Search