Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    genobristol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Kenmore washing machine won't drain water or spin
    :(

Hello,
    I have a kenmore washing machine model #23822100 that is stuck with clothes inside some stale water. When the selector switch is moved to the rinse cycle agitation starts. When it should move to the spin cycle and start draining the water out I hear a series of clicks and then nothing. Does anyone out there know what is wrong with my washing machine?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 03:15 PM

Could be the lid switch went bad. This is a safety mechanism that keeps the tub from spinning with the lid up. I had that part go bad on my one year old washer 7 years ago. Once it was changed out the washer has worked fine ever since.
    genobristol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 06:55 AM

Where is the lid switch located and how do I get the front panel off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washing Machine won't spin [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a Kenmore 70 series Washing Machine that stopped spinning today. I can hear the motor whirring and all the other features still work - just no spin. I have tried the spin cycle on all the diff "levels" (delicate etc) and still no spin. Got a load of wet clothes in there though :p...

Kenmore washing machine won't spin [ 5 Answers ]

Why won't my washing machine spin? Is it an easy fix?

Kenmore washing machine will not spin or drain [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore washer model 110.29812890 does not spin or drain. Sometimes if the hood is slammed it will spin and drain. Would this mean the lid switch is going and can I change it without difficulty? Does anyone have directions on how to change the lid switch if that is what you think is wrong?...

View more questions Search