Ask
    Al_Young Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2003, 02:24 PM
    Remote Control Key/Door lock
    How do you program a keyless remote control for a 1998 nissian pathfinder
    mo4d2u Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2008, 09:25 AM

Programming Procedure:
    A. Get in the vehicle. Close and lock all doors using the driver's power door lock-unlock switch.
    B. Insert and remove the ignition key more than 6 times within a 10 second period (at a rate of one insertion/removal cycle per second). The key should be withdrawn from the ignition key cylinder completely each time it is removed.

NOTE : Do not rush the insertion/removal key cycling process.

C. Turn the ignition key to the "ACC" position. The ignition key should remain in the "ACC" position throughout the remainder of the programming, including programming of additional remote controllers.
    D. Press any button on the remote controller one time.

NOTE : Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

The hazard warning lights will flash twice when this step is accurately completed and programming is successful. For 2000 Quest vehicles, the side marker/tail/license lamps will flash twice when programming is successful.

E. If you are programming only one remote, proceed to step 3A. If programming additional remotes, continue with step 2A, below.

2. Programming Additional Remote Controllers (Maximum of 4 Remotes):

A. Remain inside the vehicle after programming the first remote.
    B. Use the driver's power door lock-unlock switch to unlock and then lock the doors.
    C. Press any button on one of the additional remote controllers one time.

NOTE : Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

The hazard warning lights will flash twice when programming is successful. For 2000 Quest vehicles, the side marker/tail/license lamps will flash twice when programming is successful.

If there is more than one additional remote to be programmed, repeat steps 2A through 2C above for each additional remote.

3. End Programming:

A. Remove the key from the ignition.
    B. Use the door lock-unlock switch on the driver's door to unlock the doors. Open the driver's door to complete the programming
    C. Check the operation of each of the remote controllers by locking/unlocking the doors with each remote controller you have programmed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote doesn't open garage door. [ 11 Answers ]

Remote doesn't open garage door. If I press the button within the garage, it will open or close the door. The battery in the remote is new. The built in car opener doesn't work either. At one point, door would open with the remote for several days and then it wouldn't. This happened on two...

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Remote control [ 11 Answers ]

I Have A Hampton Bays Ceiling Fan - The Remote Control Does Not Work The Fan. Can I Buy A New Remote Control And Get The Light And Fan Working Again? If I Can, How Do I Go About Ordering One. Thanks For Your Reply.

Wiring Remote Control Fan [ 3 Answers ]

My son just bought a Hampton Bay ceiling fan that came with a remote control. He really didn't want the remote and wanted it wired with the switches on the wall. However the only way you can reverse the fan direction is with the remote so he wants to use the switches on the wall for the fan and...

Noisy Remote Control Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Reddington II, remote control fan (no other switches) that works great when the switch cup is not attached. When the switch cup is attached, it makes quite a bit of noise. I've tried tightening screws, insulating the fan cup and moving the wires.. . Still very noisy. Without...

View more questions Search