Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwrichardjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Whirlpool dishwasher runs too long
    My Whirlpool dishwasher DU8500XB1 runs over 2 hrs reg wash!
    Do I need a new timer, or some other part, or just some oil?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2009, 09:31 AM
    Here's the Whirlpool site's literature search page where you can get owners manuals for your machine:

Whirlpool Product Literature Search Results

Here is the actual owner's manual:

http://shared.whirlpoolcorp.com/asse...%203373739.pdf

The manual does have one suggestion for the cycle taking too long:

"Water temperature is too low -- If needed, turn home water heater up to ensure water entering dishwasher is 120°F (49°C) minimum. See recommended procedure on page 13. "

Be sure and check that out. I doubt that oil will do much. If your water is up to snuff, the timer cycle could be watched with a voltmeter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sink runs water from dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

When my dishwasher drains, the water runs out the vent on my kitchen sink. Why?

Whirlpool water dispenser runs itself [ 6 Answers ]

I have a side by side whirlpool fridge with ice-maker and water dispenser; filtered. It's about 8 years old. The water dispenser recently started clicking on and off by itself and running down the front of the fridge. Any ideas of what component I should check, and where to find it.

Dishwasher runs immediately w/o filling first [ 3 Answers ]

I have a maytag dishwasher about 10 years old, when I turn cycle on the machine starts running instead of filling up first, any thoughts? Thanks

Whirlpool dishwasher only runs quick rinse cycle [ 2 Answers ]

My Whirlpool dishwasher only runs the quick rinse cycle no matter which button is pressed. I have changed the electronics board and tried two different user interface boards. Any ideas? Or does anyone know where I can get a schematic for the interface board? Thanks, Tom

Whirlpool dishwasher long run time [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a new Whirlpool dishwasher from Lowe's. (model #Du1055xtss1). No matter what cycle I wash on, the run time is outrageous. From washing time until it starts to dry is 2 hours and 25 minutes. I find this extremely excessive. What can I do? I do appreciate any help you can give a...

View more questions Search